Best programme for an amature?

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Best programme for an amature?

Postby sion » Wed, 11Aug10 15:47

Hi guys,
I need help picking the right/best programme to use. I am a total amature, but I want to build a game that plays sim brothel or slave maker, so just a point a click interface.
Also players will have a full inventory of items to collect/ use.
there is be basic upgrades and leveling.
also money counter.

Which free programme is the best to use to make my game the most effective?

Btw does the concept of the game matter to what programme I would use??

as you can guese from the types of things i included I am totally an amature!!!!!!!!
sion
sirens hunter

Re: Best programme for an amature?

Postby Ehlanna » Wed, 11Aug10 22:55

Slave Maker is written in Flash, I think Sim Brothel is too. I have no idea of how easy or hard it is to craft such games - I'd have to assume that beyond a basic level it gets either difficult or expensive as you may need to buy a designer program as there are not that many games around.

What you could do is look into the game creator written by Tlaero which is mentioned in various places within this message board. You'll need (from what I can gather - I've never used it) an idea about html and allied topics. Plus, it is free and it seems to get pretty good support. The interface is not as in-depth as you might wish for, lacking a real inventory handling mechanism. For a, likewise free, devolpment system that does have an inventory system you could look at DayDreamer, which is written and maintained by fever.dreamer over at the TFGames message board.

The RAGS system may be getting a point-and-click interface as that has been raised as a development request which Steve, the developer, seems to be in favour of. But RAGS will require monetary outlay to gain access to it's full potential (the free version limits numbers of rooms, characters, items, etc.)
Ehlanna
star of the reef

Postby Cactus » Thu, 11Aug11 01:51

http://aslave.wikia.com/wiki/ASlave_Wiki. Very universal and easy to use.
Cactus
sirens hunter

Postby sion » Thu, 11Aug11 15:05

Ehlanna
Thanks: Im really rubbish though was hoping for a type that would be a bit more like rpg maker where you basically use the mouse to create things that are already in the programme. BTW when i said amature i really should have said a person with zero exp in game making its just that i got a lot of free time while looking for work and wanted to use it a bit better.

Cactus
thanks
Is that purly for making slaves in the slave maker game?? or can i use it for anything else?

Cause im hoping to make a game with a similar interface, but want to make a farming RPG thats all point and click. maybe like a much better hentai farmvill (never played but assume people on FB going crazy over it cause farming sims are pretty satisfying).

-----------------------

would somthing like RPG maker be useful? or is that too advanced? or are their tools that make making generic games on flash easier?
sion
sirens hunter

Postby Cactus » Sun, 11Aug14 01:09

ASlave has nothing to do with Slavemaker. You can basically do what you want.
Cactus
sirens hunter

Postby Felix » Tue, 11Aug16 10:11

I have examined several solutions for creating games and I always have stumbled upon the same editors.

If you don't need to be on a webpage, using Flash or Javascript you can try these free click'n point game makers:
Wintermute http://dead-code.org/home/
Adventure Game Studio http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/

And a more or less complete list can be found here:
http://www.ambrosine.com/resource.php

You will see that choosing the right game editor is nearly as difficult as making the game itself, because once you have started there is no way back to another editor (or you have to start over).
Felix Atagong
The ArianeB 7.x Walkthroughs at
http://arianeb.atagong.com
Felix
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby sion » Tue, 11Aug16 22:59

Thanks guys been a great help!!!!!
sion
sirens hunter

Postby petuchi13 » Fri, 12Mar09 11:34

Ok, I know this is completely off topic, but I can't find any other topic that addresses my problem and I don't know how to create a new topic. My issue is this: how do I download IF interpreters to non-CPU devices? I want to download TADS and AIF onto my Kindle Fire. Is that even possible? I tried to do it, and it appears to have worked with AIF (haven't tested it yet), but no luck with TADS. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks and sorry for incorrectly placing this post.
petuchi13
great white shark

Postby Greebo » Fri, 12Mar09 12:36

For TADS, have you tried Hunky Punk (see http://androidforums.com/android-applic ... ost3803904 )? I haven't tried it, not having an android device myself, but I had a little sniff around with Google out of interest and came across it.

Be warned though, it sounds as though it's still under development and buggy.

(Remember folks, Google is your friend!) [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby petuchi13 » Sat, 12Mar10 11:37

Thank you Greebo for your wonderful assistance! Yes, I should have consulted Google first, but hindsight's 20/20 I suppose. I was able to download two Android apps compatible with my Kindle and they work great so far.
petuchi13
great white shark

Postby AngryH » Thu, 12Sep27 16:17

Which program do you guys use to create props, rooms, forniture, ... ? Or, which program would you suggest for a total noob like me?
AngryH
lagoon predator

Postby Ehlanna » Thu, 12Sep27 16:34

AngryH wrote:Which program do you guys use to create props, rooms, forniture, ... ? Or, which program would you suggest for a total noob like me?

To create, as in actually make, from scratch you'll need a program that can do 3D modelling,such as Blender, Hexagon, Bryce and many others (those 3 happen to be free). You'll also need to be able to apply textures to those created models so you'd need access to various resources (probably many free out there, or create your own via a graphic program, photography, etc.)

What I think you mean, however, is how do you use pre-created items to construct a scene to render into an image. In this case you'll need a program that can read various types of files that contain pre-created items and manipulate them (to some degree) once loaded. I use DAZ Studio (which is free) and has a lot of content available (both free and paid for). There are also various version of Poser (not free) currently available, Carrara (not free), Maya (very much not free!) and so on which will allow you to load and mess around with things - like load a table, move it around in the scene, re-size it, modify the textures, colours, etc. There are also add-ons (I think they'd be) to some 3D games that permit you to use the resources from the games to manipulate objects and produce a final image - I believe Rastifan uses one of those, to very good effect.
Ehlanna
star of the reef

Postby AngryH » Sat, 12Oct06 15:32

Well, looks like the programs you mentioned are all too complicated for me, but thanks anyway.

I had this idea for a game but I didn't want to use any (potentially) copyright protected images and software. I give up, and inspired by Muze's work, I'll give it a try using The Sims 3. Better than nothing.
AngryH
lagoon predator

Postby SamVena » Wed, 13Jan16 22:24

AngryH wrote:Well, looks like the programs you mentioned are all too complicated for me, but thanks anyway.

I had this idea for a game but I didn't want to use any (potentially) copyright protected images and software. I give up, and inspired by Muze's work, I'll give it a try using The Sims 3. Better than nothing.

Don't give up! The learning proces itself can be fun too. But I have to admit it is not easy. I've been struggling (and still am) for a while myself now and allthough the results are not very good yet I enjoyed the proces of slowly creating something. I started from scratch and the further I got the more I realised how much there is to learn. The 3d modelling and all that comes with it is pretty hard to learn and so far I did not succeed finding the ideal program to create the game. I guess it will have to be HTML 5, but I don have a lot experience with that yet. For now i created one silly little test game (I put it on my venatoons Blogspot). I used Adventure Maker for it, a nice program but unfortunatly you need to download and install their player to be able to play the game. That's not what I want, the game must be playable on all platforms without installing anything special. Flash is an option, but it's not really for all platforms, HTML 5 however is. Anyway, I'm still in the middle of a long learning proces.
Just keep on smiling
SamVena
Pilot fish

Postby Mimailia » Thu, 13Jan17 01:16

SamVena wrote: I used Adventure Maker for it, a nice program but unfortunatly you need to download and install their player to be able to play the game. That's not what I want, the game must be playable on all platforms without installing anything special. Flash is an option, but it's not really for all platforms, HTML 5 however is. Anyway, I'm still in the middle of a long learning proces.

Sam, you ought to have a look at tlaero's tool kit (hope the link works):

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2076

Welcome aboard,

M
I can't figure out how to use the signature!
Mimailia
star of the reef

Next

Return to Projects