fleet visual novel EXAMPLE no registration required

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

fleet visual novel EXAMPLE no registration required

Postby fleet » Fri, 11Jun10 16:31

EDIT 2: Shark has very kindly offered to host "A Dark Night" one of my visual novels here at Shark's Lagoon. I have agreed. This will permit people to sample one of my VN without registering at wolflore.fliggerty.com.
I hope you enjoy playing "A Dark Night" and decide to register at wolflore in order to play my other visual novels.
As stated previously, my visual novels are not fuck fests, my intention is to tell a story.

Here's the link to a no registration download of "A Dark Night" Note: This is not the most current version.

http://www.the-new-lagoon.com/lagoon_fi ... -night.zip

"A Dark Night" is a sexually explicit visual novel (3 different endings) about a man's encounter with a mysterious woman.
Take on the role of Arnie, a man who was dumped by his girlfriend. He gets lost and gives a ride to a mysterious woman. Will he save her soul, or fall victim to the vampire's kiss?

EDIT 3: Information about Version 3 is at viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2214

Very respectfully,
fleet

Last edited by fleet on Tue, 11Jun14 23:42, edited 8 times in total.
Check out my latest adult visual novel "After She Left"
at http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4363
I moderate at http://undertow.club
fleet
Great Master of corals

sex: Masculine

Re: fleet visual novel short time offer No registration requ

Postby LRM » Fri, 11Jun10 19:17

Thank You Fleet.
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby Newdood » Sat, 11Jun11 09:20

For what it's worth, I tried to download, but got a very slow connection on a couple of tries. I like your works, but I can't tolerate (trust) a connection with a 3 hour projected download time.

I appreciate your stretching to try offering a direct link. I'm just guessing that you'll get enough interest to keep your link tied up in knots for the duration.
Newdood
star of the reef

Postby fleet » Sat, 11Jun11 16:14

Newdood wrote:For what it's worth, I tried to download, but got a very slow connection on a couple of tries. I like your works, but I can't tolerate (trust) a connection with a 3 hour projected download time.

I appreciate your stretching to try offering a direct link. I'm just guessing that you'll get enough interest to keep your link tied up in knots for the duration.

@Newdood,
I don't own that site, it's a free VN hosting site. Given that the file size is only 31 MB, I can't understand why you got a slow connection (unless a very large number of people hit the site at the same time). I did a test download and it took just over five minutes (I do not have a fast internet connection).

Very respectfully,
fleet
Last edited by fleet on Wed, 11Jul06 22:30, edited 1 time in total.
fleet
Great Master of corals

Re: fleet visual novel short time offer ENDED

Postby shark » Sat, 11Jun11 20:05

fleet, if you wish to use the lagoon for the download, there are no problems.
PS : Marcella is hot
Attachments
smiley-vampire.gif
smiley-vampire.gif (20.19 KiB) Viewed 6595 times
shark
Site Admin

Re: fleet visual novel short time offer ENDED

Postby fleet » Sat, 11Jun11 22:42

shark wrote:fleet, if you wish to use the lagoon for the download, there are no problems.
PS : Marcella is hot

@shark,
Do you mean shark's lagoon is willing to host this version of this particular visual novel? If so, please send me a PM explaining how and where to upload.

Very respectfully,
fleet
fleet
Great Master of corals

Re: fleet visual novel SAMPLE no registration required

Postby fleet » Sun, 11Jun12 16:19

Shark is now hosting "A Dark Night" so members can try out one of my visual novels without registering at wolflore.fligggerty.com. Link to direct download is in the first post of this thread.
All of my other visual novels are available at wolflore (free registration is required).

Very respectfully,
fleet

The link can be found here
Lou
Thanks go to both Shark and Fleet.
fleet
Great Master of corals

Postby Squeeky » Mon, 11Jun13 02:18

fleet,
I am not experienced in this technology, I have noticed that some who are capable are giving advices which I realise is welcomed.

I did enjoy this small offering and I do agree with Shark that Marcella is "hot".
I did arrive at two different endings but didn't attempt to seek more.

Now, being able to "backtrack" on the story using different options does your "Novelty" software allow you to "bookmark" a location so that once the reader has completed the first story some mechanism allows the reader is returned to the first option choices thereby skipping the introductions?

Oh! I did notice something odd, image "elongation" in the animation of Marcella's fellatio, when the loop begins again.

May we be allowed to view more from you.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby fleet » Mon, 11Jun13 16:47

Squeeky wrote:fleet,
I am not experienced in this technology, I have noticed that some who are capable are giving advices which I realise is welcomed.

I did enjoy this small offering and I do agree with Shark that Marcella is "hot".
I did arrive at two different endings but didn't attempt to seek more.

Now, being able to "backtrack" on the story using different options does your "Novelty" software allow you to "bookmark" a location so that once the reader has completed the first story some mechanism allows the reader is returned to the first option choices thereby skipping the introductions?

Oh! I did notice something odd, image "elongation" in the animation of Marcella's fellatio, when the loop begins again.

May we be allowed to view more from you.

Hello.
Thanks. When I designed Marcella I wanted her to be hot, but not in a way that one would not normally think of a sexy female vampire.

Send me a PM with the two endings you achieved and I'll reply with a PM telling how to get the third ending.
This was the first version of A Dark Night. You can bookmark (save your game) by holding down the ALT key and pressing the S key. You can load a previously saved game by holding down the ALT key and pressing the L key.
I will post a revised version at Wolflore.fliggerty.com that has save and load buttons on most screens, and fixes the image elongation.
You can view all of my visual novels at wolflore.fliggerty.com (free registration is required).

Very respectfully,
fleet
fleet
Great Master of corals

Postby tlaero » Tue, 11Jun14 04:41

Thank you, Fleet, for sharing your story. And thank you, Shark, for hosting it.

I liked the story. I especially enjoy that Marcella's shape and body type is outside the norm for these sorts of games.

I was a little nervous to run an exe that I had downloaded from the net, but decided to trust you since everyone else hadn't had any trouble. (If you're interested in going an HTML + Javascript approach to these games, I can help.)

I'm not really a fan of waiting for the animated text. I did figure out halfway through that I could click again to make it finish typing, but that made me miss a scene once (I clicked just after the text finished). I would prefer that the text shows up immediately rather than typing out. I'm interested to hear what others here think on the matter.

Are you using Victoria 2 or 3? Have you tried the new Daz 4 yet? What do you think of the new Genesis character?

The next part has spoilers, so I'm hiding it.

As for the story, I felt that it went a bit quickly. He changed from not wanting to stay, to sleeping with her, to marriage in really short order. And she risked death on two sentences from him. I would have liked more development time for their relationship, even if it was just a gray screen that said, "Two months later." I'd also have liked her to be more careful about making sure his feelings were true before risking a sunrise.

Still, it's an enjoyable story. I hope you host your other ones here.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby Newdood » Tue, 11Jun14 12:27

I'm not really a fan of waiting for the animated text. I did figure out halfway through that I could click again to make it finish typing, but that made me miss a scene once (I clicked just after the text finished). I would prefer that the text shows up immediately rather than typing out. I'm interested to hear what others here think on the matter.

I agree with the animated text comments, even down to missing a scene 'cause I clicked right after a short text finished typing.
Newdood
star of the reef

Postby fleet » Tue, 11Jun14 17:13

Thanks for the comments.
Regarding downloading a zip file that contains an executable file, I understand your caution. When I download a compressed file I scan it before uncompressing.

I'm not sure what you mean by and HTML/Javascript approach. :??:

Regarding the animated text, in future VNs I won't use it on 'text only' slides, but will continue to use it on 'conversation' slides. As I revise my already existing VNs I'm making that change.

I'm not going to modify the version of "A Dark Night" that is hosted here. The most current version is hosted at wolflore.

For Marcella, I used two different DAZ models. Where she is wearing underwear (or appears nude) I used the Aiko 3 model. Where she is wearing a dress I used the Aiko 3 head on the Victoria 4 body.

I have not used DAZ4, and probably will not get it until I do a hardware upgrade.

Regarding hosting my other VNs here, I'm sorry, but my intention is to continue to host my work at wolflore.fliggerty.com.

Thanks for the input. I am glad you enjoyed the story.

Very respectfully,
fleet
Last edited by fleet on Tue, 11Jun14 23:44, edited 1 time in total.
fleet
Great Master of corals

Postby Greebo » Tue, 11Jun14 19:14

fleet wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by and HTML/Javascript approach. :??:

The trouble with the techniques you use is that they are OS specific. If you were to take tlaero's approach your "visual novels" could be viewed using almost any browser under any OS instead of making life difficult for those of us who only use Windows products with the greatest reluctance (MAC users, Linux users, etc). You are even making Windows users lives awkward by limiting the version of DirectX they can use!
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby fleet » Tue, 11Jun14 23:12

Greebo wrote:
fleet wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by and HTML/Javascript approach. :??:

The trouble with the techniques you use is that they are OS specific. If you were to take tlaero's approach your "visual novels" could be viewed using almost any browser under any OS instead of making life difficult for those of us who only use Windows products with the greatest reluctance (MAC users, Linux users, etc). You are even making Windows users lives awkward by limiting the version of DirectX they can use!

Hello.
Thank you for your comments.
As I said, I don't know what tlaero's approach is. As far as 'limiting' Windows users, Directx 9 can easily co-exist on a PC with Directx 10 or Directx 11. The visual novel will select the correct version. Directx 9 is a limitation of the Novelty software, it is not something I have done intentionally.

If you are suggesting that I learn a different visual novel making program, thank you for your suggestion. The Novelty program is free and does not require coding. I am not interesting in learning to use another program. Novelty only works under Windows and the games it produces are playable under Windows (sorry, no MAC, Ubuntu, Linux, iphone, or browser).

I specifically chose to use Windows as my OS. Both my partner and myself are familiar with it.

Information about the most current release (version 3) of A Dark Night is available at viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2214

Very respectfully,
fleet
fleet
Great Master of corals

Re: fleet visual novel EXAMPLE no registration required

Postby tlaero » Wed, 11Jun15 02:59

Here's an example of an HTML game.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=125
It's the game I referred to earlier that had 8000 downloads on the primary mirror.

And this is the tool I wrote to help in writing these sorts of games.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2076

I understand your position though. Certainly use what you're comfortable with. If you ever change your mind, I'll be happy to help.

As for Daz4, the "Standard" version is free until July 31st. You might pick it up now and keep it around, just in case.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Next

Return to Projects