Daz3D 4 released

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Daz3D 4 released

Postby tlaero » Fri, 11May27 06:01

Most of the developers here use Daz3D 3. Version 4 has just been released, and the "Standard" version is currently free (normally $50). http://www.daz3d.com/i/3d-models/-/daz- ... 12194&_m=d

The new version comes with a new character/technology they're calling "Genesis" and it looks pretty cool. Rather than having separate Victoria and Michael models, the one genesis character morphs between male, female, child, monster, etc. I'm interested in seeing what the new character is capable of, especially in facial expressions.

Unfortunately, they haven't released the "Advanced" version yet. I use the 64bit Advanced version of 3, so I need to wait (D3D 4 standard is 32 bit). If you're already using a 32 bit version and you try version 4, I'd love to hear how it goes.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Re: Daz3D 4 released

Postby Rikwar » Fri, 11May27 14:03

Thanks very much Tlaero will give Daz3D 4 a try, although my abilities with Daz3D right now is average with time beeing a factor :-)

By the way could you give us a little info about any upcoming game 'miss my baby Kelly' :petits-coeurs:

Rik
Rikwar
Great Master of corals

sex: Masculine

Postby Josefus » Fri, 11May27 18:09

Thanks for the tip Tlaero. Because I have something to do on the weekend
Josefus
star of the reef

Postby Squeeky » Sun, 11May29 01:44

Thanks tlaero. I downloaded and found the initial video most informative, even had a play with the genesis figure, it's the most I've been able to do with DAZ (very much the novice)!

Oh! I got a message in my personal inbox about this product too.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby tlaero » Mon, 11May30 20:14

Rikwar wrote:By the way could you give us a little info about any upcoming game 'miss my baby Kelly'

Sorry, Rikwar, but I don't have a whole lot to report. We've done the fun parts*, but are going slow on the long, hard parts. We're a little burned out after Christine and are taking Keeley 3 slow.

* For me, the fun part is the programming. This game scales the pictures to your monitor and lets you save and restore anywhere you'd like. It's got a different scoring system that I like. And it has an almost AIF-like ability to let you wander around at will while letting me program actions at each location. I also enjoy the overall writing. Since we're working with established charcters on this one, it won't be quite as intense as Christine, but I hope it'll still be fun.

For me, the long, hard, parts are the dialog trees and the sex scenes. Anything that branches takes FOREVER.

I can't speak for phreaky, but he seems to enjoy creating the character images/models. I'm not sure what he thinks of posing the characters, but he's so darned good at it there must be some enjoyment there. I'll bet his least favorite part is creating backgrounds. That's definitely the worst part for me. I'm VERY happy to leave art duties to him. <smiles>

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby Rikwar » Tue, 11May31 05:14

Thanks very much Tlaero for the info, I can understand you beeing burned out after Christine !
But with the high quality of you and Phreaky's games I dont mind waiting as I'm sure the Kelly 3 will
be waiting for :-)

Best regards to both of you >
Rikwar
Great Master of corals

Postby Norse Graphics » Thu, 11Jul07 10:30

As mentioned on the DAZ3d-forums, I'm still holding onto DS3A 64-bit. Mainly because of the plugins, and that I'm not impressed with the UI. The setup I have now works, and I see no need to beta-test DS4.
Norse Graphics
great white shark

Postby Squeeky » Thu, 11Jul07 12:54

I am getting newletters regarding discounts on models and accessories which are clearly DAZ3. I should be right in assuming that they have been reduced owing to the DA4 release? I understand the Norse Graphics thought about retaining something previous. A change to a 64-bit machine has rendered some 32-bit programs 'obsolete'; I know sometimes patches may be added but not in these circumstances. [Did I see that DAZ has something that allows D3 imagery to be used successfully under the D4 environment?]
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby Norse Graphics » Thu, 11Jul07 13:19

DS4 has Genesis, the model that morphs into whatever you want. But it still retains the properties of the other generation figures (V3/M3,V4/M4 etc.). You can still do whatever you need to render with DS4. The issue(s) are the plugins that works in DS3 won't work in DS4, that it has some content software detector (metadata) to connect you to their website, that it doesn't list the content during search in its own box as DS3 does and problems cathegorizing stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9SRTsjjU7c&
Norse Graphics
great white shark

Postby tlaero » Fri, 11Jul08 05:11

I'm also waiting for Daz4 Advanced because I too do 64 bit. But I figured I might as well download the existing Daz4 standard while it's free. They can both be installed side by side so there's no real reason not to. I'm excited by the Genesis technology, but there's not enough there yet to make it really usable. It doesn't have the equivalent to Morphs++, so you're really pretty limited on what you can do with it. I see potential for the future, but that future certainly isn't here yet.

The UI is certainly different. I think I'd get used to it over time, though. I would have found it completely unacceptable if I hadn't figured out a way to get Undo and Redo onto the toolbar. But, having solved that, I can work with the rest. <smiles>

You're right, though. I don't see many people switching to Daz4 until it's on par with Daz3A. I guess that's why it's currently free.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby tlaero » Fri, 11Oct28 05:24

Lots of changes since I last responded to this thread. Daz3D 4 Advanced and Pro are out. Lots of Morphs for Genesis have been released. A COOL tool that lets you transfer morphs from V4 to Genesis has been released. And Victoria 5 has been released. If you end up buying all this stuff, don't forget the Platinum Club. It's $99 for a year, but saved me more than $99 in discounts buying these things.

D3D4A and Pro both come with a tool that lets you fit earlier clothes to Genesis, and once they're fit, they follow the rather extreme morphs you can do to Genesis. The technology is really cool.

I've converted my avatar to Genesis and I'm not looking back. (-:

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby Norse Graphics » Fri, 11Oct28 06:38

tlaero, your avatar looks just like the one you had previously. So I don't see Genesis there.

Yes, DS4 is free until 31'rst this month, so it's worth getting. You can't beat the price of 0 (zero). :lol:

The price for DS4 Advanced at the PC-price is at present $137.97, and $257.97 for DS4 Pro, and they won't go down as the PC-price is 'set' (I think). So anyone should at least download the free version of DS4 and try it. There's nothing to loose. I checked what the other versions have that lacks in the free version and here they are....

(Advanced and Pro):
-64-bit support in dynamic cloth
-64-bit hardware support
-Auto-fit
-Mutli-layered image editor

(Pro only)
-FBX Exporter
-GoZ Bridge to ZBrush
-3D Bridge for Photoshop
-Content Creator Tools with new Weight-Map Brush
-Transfer Utility
-Polygon Group Editor
-Updated Joint Editor
-Skeleton Setup
-Property Editors
-Texture Atlas

It all depends on what you think you need. I certainly believe that Advanced is woorth the price for the average user, while Pro is more geared towards content creators, or those who need the tools for unusual figures.

I got the FBX-exporter for DS3A a long time ago, and a lot of the other things are utilities that used to be plugins in DS3A (figure setup tools and so on), but probably made with greater utility and integrated into DS4A/P. I'll probably get DS4A if/when I can get it on sale, pushing the price below the current Platinum Club-price. Mainly for running it as a 64-bit program. On my workstation I have only 64-bit applications, and 32-bit on my laptop for showcase (not much used as I mainly work on the stationary).
Norse Graphics
great white shark

Postby tlaero » Sat, 11Oct29 22:45

I haven't updated the image here, but I've got Genesis looking like that now. I had to import some of the morphs from V4's Morphs++, but I'm happy with the result.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby nextgen » Sat, 11Nov26 01:18

I have only been using it a few days but i love the GUI and the fairly quick load time. The fact that there is plenty of help and content on the net to help out a novice like myself get started it makes perfect sense to use. I owe it all to this site and you guys to for the great examples to strive to get to. I cannot wait to share and hopefully get some criticism and tips.
All the world is a game, Enjoy !!
nextgen
sirens hunter

Postby nextgen » Sat, 11Nov26 01:25

tlaero wrote:I haven't updated the image here, but I've got Genesis looking like that now. I had to import some of the morphs from V4's Morphs++, but I'm happy with the result.

Tlaero

might have to pick your brain to get some file types to show. If you ever have free time let me know so i can start picking. :-)
All the world is a game, Enjoy !!
nextgen
sirens hunter

Next

Return to Projects