Tutorials?

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: Tutorials?

Postby gam0rrr » Tue, 10Apr06 15:53

Hey guys, i'm new to the concept of making games and have never tried before. Can someone point me in the right direction of any tutorials available? (english) And what kind of programs do you guys use to make your games. I'm on about games such as Virtual Date Girls, Or the Shark Games such as Secret Fantasy Dreams etc, click and point games as a generalisation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx.
gam0rrr
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby Squeeky » Wed, 10Apr07 02:49

At the bottom of this page:
http://sharks-lagoon.fr/models/models_page.html
is an advert to Anim8or.

It is free and at that site is a small range of tutorials like how to make a hand, make a walking object, use of light. Whether it is sophisticated enough I have no idea, but it seems like a reasonable place to start.

I think that 3dDAZ has a free version and there are some tutorials there. If I've got the right product one reviewer says that it's fine for many things but you naturally don't have the full capabilities of the paid version.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby gam0rrr » Fri, 10Apr09 14:40

Thanks Squeeky! [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]
gam0rrr
great white shark

Postby Squeeky » Fri, 10Apr09 16:17

gam0rrr wrote : Thanks Squeeky! [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]

Ok. I'm trying to find time to get to a bone structure that I can animate; I see the tutorials suggests I can make an avi.

I'm wondering if I can "interrupt" the sequence, eg at point "x" I save as "ABC". Then I go back to that as a "root" and build a "family tree", saving various segments so that at the 'break points'if an option is selected [a hot spot] then one is diverted to that branch and the avi seamlessly runs on.

Suppose I call my first part "1" I build "2" and "3" as choices but 3 goes further than "2" and offers further alternatives. "2" however offers selections which lead down to different ending (or maybe the same via different experiences).

My intent would be an avi a la "Mallory and Lilith" [PrivBox] but with the video staged and saved at intervals whereby the HTML/javascrïpt diverts to good/bad or intermediate endings.

I doubt that I have the skill, time or patience, but it offers me a long term challenge.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby Craban » Sun, 10Apr11 03:59

If you have a 3D model and a bone animation you may as well go the complete route and create a 3D game. Have a look at some 3D game engines. It may be easier than trying to build a game with captured animation sequences.
Craban
star of the reef

Return to Projects