Mosaic Imagery

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: Mosaic Imagery

Postby Squeeky » Sat, 10Jun26 14:57

About Sept 2009 I attended a minor exhibition by an artist who used 1cm x 1cm images clipped from thumbnails of internet images (which were probably from news service archives).

Whether that is completely correct I cannot recall however the images were in relation to the theme.

I believe the artist was French, a photographer, and may well have been a journalist photographer in Iraq. One image was of "The Twin Towers", another was of a prisoner in Abu Graib and yet another, differing from the protest/awareness theme was one of his wife supine and naked.

I cannot recall the artist ( and, oh 12 months prior) I saw a huge 'canvas' - 8ft x 5ft [ 2.5m x 1.75m] approx - of Goya's May_3rd, again 1cm x 1cm 'tiles', I didn't realise the clippings at that time so I have no idea what was his source.

That is background.

I sought to use the freeversion of the program which I downloaded
@ http://www.fookes.com/ezthumbs/index.php?3.0.

Keeping in theme I chose "Cloe", headshot in the opening scenes of HA4 (Wendy and Cloe are sitting on the sofa), with 15px x 24px thumbnails converted from portrait images which I downloaded. I ran into a difficulty in that, while I could get lovely backgrounds to match the chosen image, the centre area tended to be pink when I wanted something in a shade a lightbluegray instead. Think for a moment how much more difficult that might be had I chosen "Wendy", her black hair!

I know that the criteria which I set myself was too restrictive, 'portrait' without flaunting sensuality. Distance photos may have worked.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

sex: Masculine

Re: Mosaic Imagery

Postby Squeeky » Sat, 10Jun26 15:15

I am posting this as an idea, not as a game thought.

Oh? Copyright? I thought about that. Some of the images which I used had a banner strip across them. Taken down to thumbnails, and in another program using image enlargement the image itself gets 'lost' after about the 3rd magnification so the banner would well be lost (assume the sleuths could not reconstruct something which has an area of about 4% of the original ).

A change in criteria may allow me success but I don't know if I want to retry.

Got some thoughts?
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

sex: Masculine

Return to Projects