Betatest - Jordan 500 by leonizer

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: Betatest - Jordan 500 by leonizer

Postby Tjommi » Wed, 10May19 04:56

Thank you for choosing us in the laggon to betatest this for you.

I have been missing this kind of game for quite a while now. I didn't really find any bugs, but there are a couple of things that crossed my mind. I have been playing this game now for about 5 hours. It's been quite fun. However for the replay value I would like to see more events, the best would be random day triggered events, and yes I would like to see more random events in the sex scenes, I would like to see more sex scenes in general.

The little side stories that give your character boosts are more usefull to break off the repetition really than to boost the stats, (allthough the statboosts are most welcome.) With more events random or not the replay value at least in my opinion would increase alot.

I agree as well with the points made that the stripper stat is still to hard and to random to increase. I suggest that instead of getting money from using the stripper pole you should get a minor stripping skill increase from the stripping pole.
Another thing that I noticed was that I boosted my face and body to 100 and bought all the most expensive clothes and got 90 or 93 as max in my looks. Did I miss something here or is this a bug?

The flirt option is that really as useless as it appear or is there hidden events locked on certain days here? The would btw be an excellent place to insert random events(with high propability rate of occouring.)

Now I have ranted on about the things that I didn't like/things that I think need to be improved. I haven't said much about what I liked. I loved the graphics. Jesus christ you draw beautiful drawings. The sex scenes that and the scenarios were all interesting and enteraining. I like grinding stats, at least for a good while. The gameflow is good. I got so sucked into the game that I didn't realise I had been sitting playing it for 3 hours straight before my dog started whining because he wanted to go outside and to dog things. You have made gold here. You have brushed up on the LOP dating game consept and revamped the entire thing most successfully. In my opinion this is your best game by far. With more story integrated into the mix this will be a legendary game.
Tjommi
star of the reef

Postby Sexychild68 » Wed, 10May19 05:02

i bought the red rose top(for 5k), but it didn't give it to me...

@Tjommi-leonizer already made some of those changes...play the new beta...

is the smalltalk stat the only 'sex' stat that is supposed to max out at 100???

i really do like the xtras you put in...the charities(morale), education(+10 to stats), discount items(it is a shame that i didn't have the 5k for the skirt-which never showed up again), and modeling jobs...

so far i have no reason to really train my self-defense(especially for 50 time units)...i just end up buying the weapons and after i stop going to the strip club i don't need them anymore...i would still do something about adding to the storyline, maybe something more to do with her friend Broke....

thank you for the privilege of letting us beta test the game...you rock...
Sexychild68
legend of the South Seas

sex: Masculine

Postby Tjommi » Wed, 10May19 09:02

You are quite right sexychild68.
Most of the gameplay thingy's that I commented have been added while I was playing the game. hehe I had no idea Leonizer would be so quick to update.

Now I find myself in the odd position that things are oposite. Now the game is to easy again. I got access to the platinum club by day 47 and shortly after I had bought all the clothes. I liked the random event that appear after you have slept, however it does perhaps occour a little to frequent?

That is I got mixed opinion on the game as it stand now when it comes to the difficulty degree. If you plan to add more scenarios for our heroine and more story based content then things are fine as they are now. If I fear the game is to easy, and will loose the challenge and yada yada yada to fast. Bare in mind that I haven't slept at all tonight so I might not be the most reliable person right now.
Tjommi
star of the reef

Postby Sexychild68 » Wed, 10May19 09:08

i agree...i think that maybe the frequency of the events should be a little less or cut out some of the events...the events that leonizer added are pretty cool tho, and i do agree with adding more scenarios and story lines...

it would of been nice to wear the red rose shirt after i bought it, but for some reason it didn't register even after i spent 5k for it...
Sexychild68
legend of the South Seas

Postby TheBrain » Wed, 10May19 13:50

(Spoiler alert)

Got another bug after violently chasing down the blowjob achievement... I wasn't getting any event where I could possibly get it, so I went for broke and used a decompiler to go into the source and look for it... As I kinda expected this one has to do with Tom (the guy from the gym). As far as I understood it should simply trigger 5 days after meeting him, you go to the movies and 'go wild'. The problem is that it doesn't trigger properly. I think it's the events on days 5/10/15 that mess with it.
For example, if on the first day I buy the gym pass (donate blood first to get the money), then the cinema event will happen and it totally breaks the scene (pressing the continue button eventually loops through all other scenes). I'm guessing this is due to the day 5 event (the friend coming by).
However, if I buy the pass after day 5 the scene does not seem to trigger at all.

Anyway, now knowing everything the game has to offer at this point, I have to say there is not much content in the story. Summing up: There's the intro, the day 5 event, the mafia boss, 2 scenes with Tom, 2 scenes with the producer (one of which the orgy) and the Katarina scene to get into the platinum club.
Of those only a few have interactivity and even then it are direct win/lose situations (for example, at the cinema either you 'go wild' or you just skip to the end of the scene).

The main issues I have here are the following:
1. Making money and raising stats is a monotonous task, it quickly gets boring if it's not interweaved with events (and I'm talking actual scenes with some sort of continuous story, not like the random events after sleeping). As it is now you could probably fit the game in half the number of days (obviously with some money/reputation tweaks) and I'd still think it was a bit of a grind.
2. The events have hardly any replay-value, you either do it right or you fail (and if you fail you know to chose the other option next time). Adding different endings would add a little, but if it's not combined with any story events along the way it just becomes really repetitive to drive your way (literally...) through raising your stats and setting it up for some ending. That, and the endings would have little connection with the rest of the game (I think I mentioned something similar when replying about your Twilight game).

As a final note I have to agree that at this point the game is fairly easy. Especially the random after-sleep events that increase morale (which I found the most common) give such an high amount that all other actions for raising morale are almost useless. Increasing the sex stats seems easier (the random events help) and is now just about the lowest stat you have, which will determine whether you can do A, B or C class customers.
But there's still no way to specifically increase your lowest stat. An idea for this, if you add more story content, is to add scenes where you make choices that have no consequence to the story. For example, if you have a scene where a guy needs to be impressed you could offer a choice between fucking and doing a striptease (either way he's impressed, but you walk away with a different increase in stats). I can imagine that with some creativity you could make those choices more subtle (adding a little learning step, which adds a little replay value).

That's all I have for now I think :p.
TheBrain
star of the reef

Postby Tjommi » Wed, 10May19 18:10

it would of been nice to wear the red rose shirt after i bought it, but for some reason it didn't register even after i spent 5k for it...

That happened to me to.

I originally quouted Thebrains entire post, but realised that I would take up to much space, so I just settle with saying I agree with his post and his points.

But once that is said and done... this game got potentional to be perhaps the best flash game released in many many years. That is why we are so enthousiastic about it... at least that's why I am. The betatest as it stand now is allready way above the average of games released. I am very exited, and I hope that you listen to us with more stories and scenarios. I know this is alot more work and I am sorry for that. If I had even half a percentage of your talent I would offer to help but I don't. Right now your game is really good, but it got the potentional to be perhaps one of the best flash games ever.
Tjommi
star of the reef

Postby cheese101 » Wed, 10May19 18:29

i must agree that it has now become too easy,but i have no idea how to fix it,because there is a very small area between too difficult and too easy

another bug,if you start a new game,your energy from previous game carries over(ie 60 energy on day 96,decide to replay,come back with 60 energy instead of 100)
nothing major,just thought you should know
cheese101
star of the reef

Postby Sexychild68 » Thu, 10May20 02:21

TheBrain is right...once you give the gym guy a blowjob it loops through all of the cuts scenes...

i was always wondering if there was more with the gym guy, because by the time i got money to go to the gym there was just that one time with him...something is up there...

it would also be nice to have a skip button after Jordan leaves her home town...for the people who are playing it over(again and again)clicking throw all those scenes gets tedious...

i bought the finishline skirt, but it seems that i can't put it on...

anyone figured out how to get the "im a no1 model" achievement yet???

on day 101 i went out with tom again(gym guy)...it also went through all the scenes...
Sexychild68
legend of the South Seas

Postby TheBrain » Thu, 10May20 03:58

Sexychild68 wrote : anyone figured out how to get the "im a no1 model" achievement yet???

Getting the most expensive clothes for each type from the store did it for me (so not the random events, which as mentioned don't give any new clothes atm).
TheBrain
star of the reef

Postby Sexychild68 » Thu, 10May20 04:24

thank you TheBrain...for some reason i never noticed the other clothes tab...d'oh...LOLOLOLOL

i go to the park to try to get the 1st three achievements and i can only find businessmen and politicians...so funny...yea, i realize that looks determine who picks you up, but i think that the class c clients should stay as the pensioners, construction workers, students and the bored housewives...
Sexychild68
legend of the South Seas

Postby leonizer » Fri, 10May21 12:42

Thank you guys for your feedback.
To keep you posted:

1. Right now I'm working over endings and tweaking some balance issues.

2. I will add some extra scenes to the story - I was not intented to do this but after your comments I will try.

I will publish modified version around monday (2010.05.24)
leonizer
lagoon predator

Postby Ehlanna » Fri, 10May21 12:47

A nice game with well-crafted graphics. As has been mentioned the driving of the car does become a little tedious after the n-th repeat, but I am just glad that there does not seem to be anyway to get the car hung up on the scenery and unable to move - well not that I have found at least! Though having said that I can live with the driving around.
The major issues that I see I are with spelling and grammar (Brooke being referred to as Broke to begin with, being invited to 'a Steve's party', etc.)
I like the idea of the location in the top-right not having a tool-tip ... it IS supposed to be hidden, is it not? Anyway, a little driveway like that is just screaming to be looked at, hmm?
When I restarted, the stockings were not reset, so I did not have to buy any.
It does come over as a little linear, rinse, repeat, then the same, but just in another locale, and then once more. The overall framework and presentation is, I think, very good, but a few more 'side-quests' would be nice - even if they did not increase any attributes.
Ehlanna
star of the reef

Postby sharkfan » Sat, 10May22 17:58

I would be more than happy to proof the text. Just PM me.
sharkfan
star of the reef

Postby lydia » Sun, 10May23 06:38

The graphics for the girls are wonderful. The guys are much less so. Not as much time spent on them perhaps. I'm more a fan of dating sims so lop is more my style, but I'm glad to see you return to a stat building format. The car does make things different, but I think you'd still want to have at least the gas meter if not the driving option.

I wasn't able to find a use for looks or body. Stripping uses the strip stat and clients wants a variety of stats. I did get a scene about the club and meeting a guy there in three days, but not sure what triggered it. A modeling option would be nice. I found the beauty center and the workout center to be to offer too much of the same thing. A modeling agency would be nice for a career to use looks, body, & clothing.

I found lop to have a nice range of activities to plan on how to use your daily hp. This game relies too much on money and there are often many days where I went to sleep before using all the hp. So some no cost or low cost activities would be nice. Take a walk in the park. Watch tv, etc.
lydia
great white shark

Postby Sexychild68 » Sun, 10May23 06:53

'looks' open ups what customers are attractive to you, and face body=looks...there is a gas meter it is just beneath the speedometer...you can take a walk in the park, but it takes 100 TUs(time units) and gives you health and morale, but i do understand where you are getting at...

i believe that it is rep that activates the producer that you meet at the club(2k rep)...
Sexychild68
legend of the South Seas

PreviousNext

Return to Projects