[help]Try to build HTML game, but how to build the 3D girl?

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: [help]Try to build HTML game, but how to build the 3D girl?

Postby Ehlanna » Tue, 11Jan04 13:43

I don't (read can't!) create clothing (or other props, etc.) as I do not have the relevant skills. What I do is take what others have created and drape the models with them.
The clothing you can obtain (free or bought) seems to come in a couple of 'styles' (none of which is really well-defined). There's conforming and super-conforming. As far as I know the latter means that the clothing will follow (and duplicate) any morphs that the figure it is draped onto is given: modify a body morph on V4 and the clothing will follow suit.
Many (most?) clothing will try and follow posing of the underlying figure, but will often 'break' at a certain point (usually arm or leg movement). Some clothing has specific morphs attached to the relevant 'bones' to help deal with that - not the most obvious place to hide it in my view! Others have 'handles' (often showing as arrows, spheres or cones in the scene) which can be used to move the clothing to better follow any pose of the figure.
Then there is dynamic clothing (there is DAZ DC and Poser DC), where you need an add-in by OptiTex to use DAZ DC. Poser DC is purely for Poser and does not work in DAZ. You can get some good effects with DC - your second picture looks as if it may be using it.
Then, of course, the dreaded 'poke-through' where prt of the body of the figure pokes through the clothing. Various ways of dealing with that exist - from making the underlying body part invisible, rotating the angle of view so the poke-through is not seen any more, using morphs, handles, etc., to adjust the clothing and D-forms (which are a subject unto themselves!)
Ehlanna
star of the reef

Postby Rikwar » Tue, 11Jan04 14:02

Bloody well done 'Craban' hope to see more of your new hidden talent [img]smile/thumb.gif[/img]
The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it
Rikwar
Great Master of corals

sex: Masculine

Postby Craban » Wed, 11Jan05 00:38

The second was made while playing with the dynamic table cloth :)
Regarding the clothing: I found some but only one ordinary street wear - not so easy to compose a normal scene with normal people with what I found so far. A freak show would be easier :)
Craban
star of the reef

Postby Ehlanna » Wed, 11Jan05 02:14

There is a surprising amount of free stuff out there, I shall try and get some links ...

There are a LOT of stunning things out there for free - I have been amazed as some seem to be better than some of the paid-for stuff.
A few places to look are:
most digital creations
ShareCG <-- requires an account, but is free
DAZ Studio freebies
Renderotica freebies <-- requires an account, but is free
Renderosity freebies
Content Paradise freebies
Apollo Maximus
Little Dragon
Evil Innocence
Aprils Vanity
Ehlanna
star of the reef

Postby Craban » Wed, 11Jan05 19:49

I really appreciate your help! Thanks and I'll browse them tonight ;-)
Craban
star of the reef

Previous

Return to Projects