Navigate to Comment - tutorial

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: Navigate to Comment - tutorial

Postby Newdood » Fri, 11Jan21 19:19

Hey Squeeky

For what it's worth, my system (IE7 on XP Pro - my avatar doesn't represent the latest in technology either!) gives the URL colors for SOME of the signatures as well.
When it comes to binary, there are 10 kinds of people - those who get and those who don't!
Newdood
star of the reef

sex: Masculine

Postby Newdood » Fri, 11Jan21 19:29

The signature color seems to be NORMAL when the post is the last in the thread, then changes to the "link pink" as soon as another post is added. I suspect it's some artifact of the same "last post" tag that blows Aceboard's mind if/when a last post is DELETED.

There is some comfort for me in finding an explanation that puts the blame on our old bugaboo. If I couldn't find some reason to blame Aceboard, the next place I'd be looking for an explanation would be something to do with MicroSoft!!
When it comes to binary, there are 10 kinds of people - those who get and those who don't!
Newdood
star of the reef

Postby Trucla » Fri, 11Jan21 19:50

Newdood a dit :
There is some comfort for me in finding an explanation that puts the blame on our old bugaboo. If I couldn't find some reason to blame Aceboard, the next place I'd be looking for an explanation would be something to do with MicroSoft!!

I think you meant Micro$oft... [img]smile/mad.gif[/img]

But if I were you I wouldn't invest too much on this subject: in case of a migration, all those links will be lost...

Cheers!
Trucla
If a guy is hungry, don't feed him! Just offer a fishing rod and teach him fishing!
Trucla
legend of the South Seas

Postby LRM » Sat, 11Jan22 01:05

Trucla wrote :
I think you meant Micro$oft... [img]smile/mad.gif[/img]

But if I were you I wouldn't invest too much on this subject: in case of a migration, all those links will be lost...

Cheers!

Any progress toward the migration Trucla?
L
Good afternoon to you sir. I hope you are well.
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby LRM » Sat, 11Jan22 02:19

I just used the "cite" trick on a php3 BBS. Both Mozilla and IE8 worked properly. This is not absolute proof the conflict/problem is here, sometimes IE8 works here too.
I do not get the errant signature color at the other site, I have here for quite some time.
L
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby Trucla » Sat, 11Jan22 02:39

An advice to navigation: from Micro$oft use only the operating system, if you need it. Run away from them for any other stuff. Frankly you know my opinion about aceboard but in the case you are discussing here I don't believe that it is acebooard's fault.

Cheers!
Trucla
If a guy is hungry, don't feed him! Just offer a fishing rod and teach him fishing!
Trucla
legend of the South Seas

Previous

Return to Projects