Animations Download Time

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: Animations Download Time

Postby ILSWriter » Mon, 11Jan24 01:45

Thanks to all of your suggestions, Party Time's animations are now all in flash and load almost instantly. The nun's six scenes are all merged into one now.

Let me know if you have a problem with them. I haven't figured out yet how to make them loop and run continuously. It's martini time here so I'll save that little chore until tomorrow.

ILSWriter
ILSWriter
lagoon predator

Postby LRM » Mon, 11Jan24 01:50

Graen wrote :
Squeeky, if you can see my e-mail it's because Mods have access to e-mails were as us lesser folk do not. :p

As far as I can tell, I can not see ILSWriter's either.

That said, ILSWriter does have a feedback form on his site for contacting him.

I have used her/his feedback form. I would rather not have an additional place where messages may be lost.
L
Got Wood?
LRM

sex: Masculine

Postby LRM » Mon, 11Jan24 04:12

@ ILSWriter:
You added some animations. I also like the loading counter that was not there before. I give you 2 thumbs up. Are you going to reanimate the previous stories too (if yes I recommend GrowingUp.1 or *.swf)? There may be some downloading in my future.
L
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby sinthoras » Mon, 11Jan24 22:17

Greebo wrote : Well, s/he has put masculine on his/her profile! (But maybe we're being 'groomed' [img]images/icones/icon17.gif[/img] )

At the beginning there was a direct e-mail address on the homepage with the name "Jane". But maybe I'm wrong with my guess...
sinthoras
great white shark

Postby ILSWriter » Tue, 11Jan25 02:35

Are you going to reanimate the previous stories too

If the date on the button provided to download a story is later than 22Jan11 then it has been updated. All those with animations, except Practical Hypnotism, have been updated. I have sent a query to the company I bought the converter software from regarding how to put the animation in a loop. I haven't heard back. Their website says they are open 8:30 to 5:30, Beijing time!!!!
ILSWriter
lagoon predator

Postby LRM » Tue, 11Jan25 02:42

Thank You for the reply. Until I am certain the animations will play once downloaded I will patiently(? :))wait.
For anyone considering a download the animations do not play on my machine.
The on site is fantastic.
L
If the date on the button provided to download a story is later than 22Jan11 then it has been updated.
...Doh
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby Graen » Tue, 11Jan25 03:29

If I recall correctly, to make the animation loop you're going to have to set that option in the flash player, not the .flv file.

It's been a loooooooong time since I messed around in flash.
Image LoPteam.blogspot.com
Image graenwerks.blogspot.com
Graen
legend of the South Seas

Postby Greebo » Tue, 11Jan25 03:55

Trouble is, there seem to be more than one implementation of the Flash player - I always used to be able to bring up a menu with the right trackpad button that had items like 'zoom', 'play', 'loop' etc., but the most recent attempts to access that has brought up a menu box without 'loop' being one of the options.

Anyway, surely the flash author ought to be able to call up a loop if he/she wants to?
“Anyone who believes what a cat tells him deserves all he gets.”
― Neil Gaiman
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby LRM » Tue, 11Jan25 04:15

I do not think the animations are in flash (*.mpeg). I have MS & Real Alternative media players, also QT & DivX players. The only thing capable of playing them is AVC. I converted the *.mpeg files to *.mpg files; renamed them to *.mpegs and they still will not play.
L
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby Greebo » Tue, 11Jan25 05:29

Unless I'm very much mistaken ILSWriter has recently changed all AVIs and MPEGs to Flash because of the faster D/Ling and more compact files
“Anyone who believes what a cat tells him deserves all he gets.”
― Neil Gaiman
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby Craban » Tue, 11Jan25 23:37

Look here for an example of an embedded flash that loops: http://www.stagetools.com/embeflash.htm

That should work.
Craban
star of the reef

Postby ILSWriter » Wed, 11Jan26 01:58

That should work.

Thanks Craban, I tried it with my swf file but it stops after one play through. I am convinced that a code has to go into the swf file when it is produced. My software has an option for looping when the swf file is produced. But that option is grayed out and I can't change it to loop. The software tech support says they will correct that and get back to me.
ILSWriter
lagoon predator

Postby LRM » Wed, 11Jan26 04:55

The latest downloads play as they should... WooHoo. Thanks. I will wait on any more downloads until I see the loop outcome.
Thanks again.
L
Got Wood?
LRM

Previous

Return to Projects