My first Attempt Dating sim

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: My first Attempt Dating sim

Postby Sylakone » Mon, 10Nov01 16:04

Hi all I have been lurking for ages tried all sort of games that have been offered on here and have really enjoyed them all the one that originally got me into thee games was Ariane Bless her
Anyway here is my first game it use a game engine called Renpy it is very handy and easy to use there will be bugs but here is my original game I should have finished ages ago but ran out of time there are only 2 good endings I almost finihsed the third good ending but it was high time i got my game out ther as it was I hope you enjoy it any feedback would be great.
here is the link
I have rehosted with Hotfile lets see if it stays up longer this time these file hosting services are starting to bug me

http://hotfile.com/dl/84078490/b2b676c/Bachelor_Adventures_1_Beta_2-win32.zip.html

Thanks to Son of odin here is a mirror to make it easier to get hold of it :)
http://www.file-upload.net/download-299 ... 2.zip.html

This is the latest version beta 2.
I have done some bug fixing and enabled the third ending although not all of the graphics for the third ending are finished. Also I have taken out the meter and the scrïpt link now it looks more like the finished product

any feed back would be muchly appreciated
Sylakone
great white shark

Postby Painkiller » Mon, 10Nov01 19:38

Just tried it. Looks great, though buggy: was playing it perfect gentleman, didn't get to anything, and in the end it said I got the bedroom ending. Some wishful thinking
Painkiller
Pilot fish

Postby Sylakone » Tue, 10Nov02 02:01

With all of the choices it is hard to find every bug also the bar that shows stats is only there for testing i will disable that when i am finished. You have to be a perfect gentleman but there are times when you need to show your interest that should help you get to one of the good endings anyway thanks for the feedback. I am always happy to receive any feedback hopefully i will get some more comments soon and I will see if I can get that ending bug fixed also if you can tell me any of the other bugs you hit that would be great cheers.
Sylakone
great white shark

Postby jayzeewood » Tue, 10Nov02 14:16

Downloading now and will play tonight. Not the best at dating games but will give it a try and report back later.
jayzeewood
great white shark

Postby boontina » Tue, 10Nov02 16:14

i enjoyed your game, some spelling but i look forward to your game got ending in bathroom her sucking me and pic of her at beach end are their anymore enddings? would love to help anyway i can as u can see my spelling sucks, but i love date games. again great start and hopefully more. thank you for your time
boontina
Pilot fish

Postby Bonhomie » Tue, 10Nov02 18:45

I've had a play with this and I quite like it.

I can get her into the bathroom from all 3 clothes outfits - if she talks about "freshen up" - then you've scored.

Are we supposed to be able to get her into the bedroom?
I cannot find that way at al so far.

I like the idea of the progress table showing up - let's you see what points you have scored.

The 'Threesome Congratulations' page is too cruel [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]

I am looking forward to Isabel and Silvia getting it on - on the beach I guess?

I also want to find the way to the Silvis open video - played that in Media Player and I want more ..............
Bonhomie
Games Master

sex: Masculine

Postby Erubyr » Tue, 10Nov02 23:27

Well, with your permission I am browsing through your coding, trying to determine when what happens. I noticed Influence and Attraction cannot be raised higher than 3, though the bar suggests 5. Not sure if any 'ending' requires higher values, will wait to hear if you mind me checking (and perhaps correcting) your code.
Erubyr
great white shark

Postby cheese101 » Tue, 10Nov02 23:59

i enjoyed the game,got both endings,and would love to see more...my only advice would be make it longer/harder and more endings,thanks for the game :)
cheese101
star of the reef

Postby ttant » Wed, 10Nov03 00:49

Really super nice game !

I got bedroom & bathroom ending, but i was not able to find the two beach ending.

Could someone give me some clues ?
ttant
star of the reef

Postby Sylakone » Wed, 10Nov03 04:24

The beach ending is disabled at the moment still got to do some graphics and some more coding for that Thanks all for the comments
Well, with your permission I am browsing through your coding, trying to determine when what happens. I noticed Influence and Attraction cannot be raised higher than 3, though the bar suggests 5. Not sure if any 'ending' requires higher values, will wait to hear if you mind me checking (and perhaps correcting) your code.

Erubyr Yeah that is fine if you can help me that would be great I will try to get some more finished the beach end is not far away I jut got to get a chance to fix it unfortuantley my in laws are staying with us at the moemnt so I don't get much chance to work on it I forgot to take out the movie file that was an attempt to get the movie file playing for the ned scenne but the renpy engine did not like it so I gave up on it if I remove it it will make the game much smaller so I will do that in the next release I am also working on a few other projects one is masive so will take ages the other one i have been playing with will take some time as well but I am trying to make templates to speed things up for future releases

Few long Message but thanks for all comments and support
Sylakone
great white shark

Postby Sylakone » Wed, 10Nov03 04:40

I noticed Influence and Attraction cannot be raised higher than 3, though the bar suggests 5

I raised the max bar to 5 was having issues if I hit a variable change when they were already at 3 it would crash the max is 3 for all endings.

What do you think of the Renpy Engine?
Sylakone
great white shark

Postby ExLibris » Wed, 10Nov03 08:56

An honourable first attempt. The main suggestion I'd make is that it needs something to make it stand out. At the moment it's just one of a number of very similar dating games and there's nothing particularly unique or memorable about it.

A couple of other observations
1. As already mentioned, the text needs to be thoroughly proofread. The spelling mistakes, irregular capitalisation and almost complete lack of punctuation make it painful to read in places.
2. Also as already mentioned, the meters for Attraction and Influence go up to 5, even though it's not possible to raise them higher than 3. If you do something that would raise them higher than 3, then Angry increases instead.
3. The threesome ending appears to be currently inaccessible. I have zero knowledge of Ren'py but it looks to me as though there's either a jump in the wrong place or the stat checks should be set to equal or greater than instead of equal to.
4. Is Influence ever tested?
5. Choosing 'that doesn't sound like me' when asking her what she looks for in a guy ends the game, but gives you the bedroom ending screen.
6. There are a lot of idiosyncracies, like her suddenly changing costume midway through a conversation, the player reacting as though he's never seen her car before even if he has, sequences being repeated and so on.
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby psycho72 » Wed, 10Nov03 11:24

a great start
bathroom ending really simple
bedroom ending is bugged
beach understood still not accessible
awaiting the same
cheers
psycho72
lagoon predator

Postby Erubyr » Wed, 10Nov03 12:33

@Sylakone

I cannot really judge the Renpy engine while I never programmed in Python before, but it seems to work rather easy and rather well.

Will see if I can draw a diagram of all options and their effects.

Mostly I think new images need to be drawn and since I am not creative (in that way) I cannot really help you there. Both threesome endings (if they end differently) are disabled because of lacking images I suppose.

My English is pretty well (I have been told) so if you would like I can also go through the texts and see if I can correct it before next release.

I really like the game and with a new release without video, a bunch of added pictures and corrected texts and endings could be really cool.
Erubyr
great white shark

Postby Sylakone » Wed, 10Nov03 14:22

ExLibris wrote : An honourable first attempt. The main suggestion I'd make is that it needs something to make it stand out. At the moment it's just one of a number of very similar dating games and there's nothing particularly unique or memorable about it.

A couple of other observations
1. As already mentioned, the text needs to be thoroughly proofread. The spelling mistakes, irregular capitalisation and almost complete lack of punctuation make it painful to read in places.
2. Also as already mentioned, the meters for Attraction and Influence go up to 5, even though it's not possible to raise them higher than 3. If you do something that would raise them higher than 3, then Angry increases instead.
3. The threesome ending appears to be currently inaccessible. I have zero knowledge of Ren'py but it looks to me as though there's either a jump in the wrong place or the stat checks should be set to equal or greater than instead of equal to.
4. Is Influence ever tested?
5. Choosing 'that doesn't sound like me' when asking her what she looks for in a guy ends the game, but gives you the bedroom ending screen.
6. There are a lot of idiosyncracies, like her suddenly changing costume midway through a conversation, the player reacting as though he's never seen her car before even if he has, sequences being repeated and so on.

Thanks for you comments

I was building a much bigger and time consuming game before I started writing this one. This was to be a quick game to test the waters see how it is received and to see if it is worth doing the bigger one that is why it is not that outstanding the first one I was building has 6 different girls you can end up with more like a japanease hentai but was taking a long time so I put that on hold for this one. Although this has turned out much bigger than I expected lol it might seem short but there are pages and pages of code for this. and lots of images.

1. Punctuation has never been my strong point but I hope to get it proofread before releasing it.

2.those meters will not be visible in the finished game they are only there for testing to make sure i was getting the right variables that side of it all works fine what you see on the gauges is not the whole picture.

3. As stated earlier the Threesome ending is currently disabled as it is not finished but I have been working on it today should not be to much longer before I release it.

4. Influenced is used for all endings it takes a combination of all 4 stats not including angry for the endings to present themselves.

5. Thanks for that bug I think I have sorted that one out.

6. as for all the other points you mentioned I think I have sorted out the car issue will look into the unusual changing I have not hit that one in my testing there usually is no repeating scenes apart from the ones that require it.

Again thanks for you comments i will continue to bug fix and finish the threesome ending.

I have two other projects I have started on but am waiting to finish this one off before I spend some serious time with them also I don't have a lot of spare time so it can be difficult. I am about to go on holidays although I am getting married this weekend so I may not have a lot of time in the holdiays if you know what I mean lol
Sylakone
great white shark

Next

Return to Projects