Money Talks Game (was:First time playing around in DAZ and F

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: Money Talks Game (was:First time playing around in DAZ and F

Postby Graen » Tue, 11Mar01 03:42

Craban wrote : To tell how many pictures are possible per girl is a bit tricky. This is not linear so the game logic cannot easily determine how many there are. Depending on your way through the game you can get a subset of a total of 26 pictures. I could only count the maximum manually and adapt the gallery display. The risk I forget that when I add more shots is quite high ;-)
Or... very easy. Just use a different variable for the picture counters for each girl. For example, GirlAPics, GirlBPics, GirlCPics, etc... That way you can just use those totals for each girl, in the gallery.

The player found: 4 out of 5 GirlAPics, 7 out of 12 GirlBPics, and 3 out of 10 GirlCPics... For each new girl you add, it's just another variable to add to, and display in the gallery.
Image LoPteam.blogspot.com
Image graenwerks.blogspot.com
Graen
legend of the South Seas

Postby Craban » Tue, 11Mar01 03:59

Graen wrote : Or... very easy. Just use a different variable for the picture counters for each girl. For example, GirlAPics, GirlBPics, GirlCPics, etc... That way you can just use those totals for each girl, in the gallery.

The player found: 4 out of 5 GirlAPics, 7 out of 12 GirlBPics, and 3 out of 10 GirlCPics... For each new girl you add, it's just another variable to add to, and display in the gallery.

The counting of the camera shots you gained is not the problem. What is tricky is to gather the maximum number because that depends on which routes you take. For example if you skip one bonus scene you may get a certain picture. If you have found the bonus hotspot you may get two others but miss the single one of the first case. The Simone scene is done that way.
To get the maximum number or in other words the perfect route I would need to implement a player simulation that follows each path like an automatic maze solver or I simple count them manually which is far less work as long as the game is short.
Even if I would let you know all hotspots and pictures that count you would need the rules made into the hotspots to calculate the maximum number of pictures you can get and you would need some tries to get it right. There are now 26 poses that are candidates for the picture count but the rules won't let you get all in one run. This is an effect of the game being non-linear.

This may sound very complex for this small game but I'm not only building this money talks game but a kind of game builder around that. Using that I can build and link the displays in a visual way and navigate through the game. It will compile the result to a flash game. In the end this builder is the project and the money talks game is my test case which in turn drives the development of the builder.
Craban
star of the reef

sex: Masculine

Postby Craban » Tue, 11Mar01 04:15

Im afraid I caused more confusion than made it clearer so let me show you a screenshot of the application with the game loaded.
The net in the lower left quarter shows the displays and the links between them.

Craban
star of the reef

Postby Squeeky » Tue, 11Mar01 05:00

Craban wrote :
This may sound very complex for this small game but I'm not only building this money talks game but a kind of game builder around that. Using that I can build and link the displays in a visual way and navigate through the game. It will compile the result to a flash game. In the end this builder is the project and the money talks game is my test case which in turn drives the development of the builder.

The network is somewhat mind-boggling to say the least; ok, it does have that appearance without the understanding of techniques and mechanisms behind it.

My question however is about your project. In some form of analogy are you creating a "tlaero tool" but for a different technology?
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby Craban » Tue, 11Mar01 05:13

I admit I never looked at tlaero's tool so I cannot really make a comparison.
Shortly after starting to experiment with flex and actionscrïpt I found it cumbersome and error prone to write actionscrïpt by hand. Quite some time ago I wrote a quest builder (quest scrïpt for an online game) so now I started to work on one that creates the actionscrïpt and MXML for me.
I enjoy such work and currently have nothing in mind what this tool may become. Currently it's just for relaxing and having fun.
Craban
star of the reef

Postby Squeeky » Tue, 11Mar01 05:24

The "tlaero tool" basically seeks to take control of the variables in an Ariane/Chaotic HTML environment. That's too simplistic but the she avoids the issues that happen with cookies in those formats.
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby Tjommi » Thu, 11Mar10 21:01

craban gimme more gimme more gimme more gimme more gimme more!
now now now now now now now now now now!

To be a little serious... how is it going mate?
Do you have a progress report for us?
Tjommi
star of the reef

Postby Craban » Thu, 11Mar10 23:29

Unfortunately it's the shopping girl scene that I lost due to a bug and I still check the DAZ bug list every day. With more than 3000 open tickets I think their bug tracker needs a major cleanup.

That means either I start a new game and leave the first one unfinished or replace parts of the current one with new scenes.
Craban
star of the reef

Postby Tjommi » Fri, 11Mar11 21:20

Sad to hear that.
Well whatever you decide to do you got some experience that you bring with you, and you got confirmation from us that you are up to this. So keep up the good work and good luck with your project whatever they might be.
Tjommi
star of the reef

Postby Craban » Sun, 11Mar13 14:27

I spent some time on the project page design and try to get some faith in DAZ again.
A new game is more likely and currently I feel like doing a game for the women as we discussed a year ago.
Craban
star of the reef

Postby Squeeky » Sun, 11Mar13 14:50

I don't understand what this comment is supposed to mean.

Have you used DAZ to host some/all of the work? Or passed elements to DAZ for some kind of check but without retaining a backup?

Pardon, but I'm trying to understand what the DAZ bug thing is all about.
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby Craban » Sun, 11Mar13 14:55

The scene file is corrupt. As soon as I try to open it DAZ crashes hard without any useful output in the logs. That's what I meant with loosing the scene. I still have it but am unable to alter it or render a picture. Obviously I can hardly complete the shopping girl scene without starting it from scratch.
Craban
star of the reef

Postby Squeeky » Mon, 11Mar14 02:37

Ah. Corrupt file I understand. Yes, it would be nice to have some feedback to know if the error was from something you did or some software flaw.

I guess that you don't really want to walk away from this without having some idea of the issue.

So the error occurred within the DAZ build. Naturally you save as you go, but do you also save a duplicate of each stage? I know it can get messy but it would save having to recreate from scratch, and just might expose the point where the error occurred with you still having your work, up to that point safeguarded.

Yes, needless advice to one well experienced in IT but we all try to take the shorter route.
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby Craban » Mon, 11Mar14 03:16

Squeeky wrote : Naturally you save as you go, but do you also save a duplicate of each stage? I know it can get messy but it would save having to recreate from scratch, and just might expose the point where the error occurred with you still having your work, up to that point safeguarded.

That is one thing I do now. And I try to work a bit more modular, i.e. save light settings, material, pose settings, etc. beside the scene itself. It's a learning curve ;-)
Craban
star of the reef

Postby Squeeky » Mon, 11Mar14 03:26

I'll be interested in how you progress.

I'm beginning to look at an Anim8or project (the little red bird) in 3D Max as Anim8or doesn't seem to work in a 64-bit environment, that the start of my learning curve.
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

PreviousNext

Return to Projects