A girl's game?

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: A girl's game?

Postby Newdood » Wed, 11Mar23 06:39

Spring is here, so it's time to shed [no]all[/no] (most of) those heavy clothes! [img]kator/lool.gif[/img]
When it comes to binary, there are 10 kinds of people - those who get and those who don't!
Newdood
star of the reef

sex: Masculine

Postby Squeeky » Wed, 11Mar23 07:57

Newdood wrote : Spring is here, so it's time to shed [no]all[/no] (most of) those heavy clothes! [img]kator/lool.gif[/img]

??? Is this a suggestion that Graen become a model in Craban's story [img]kator/smiley14.gif[/img] ???
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby tlaero » Wed, 11Mar23 08:00

Craban, you're right that positive is better than negative. So we need to come up with a positive reason why she's turning heads.

Okay, how about something that starts out a bit negative and moves to positive. Character growth is interesting, and to grow, you need to get better, which implies starting less than better.

So, say she's got a male friend who isn't her boyfriend. Maybe he's gay, or maybe he's the husband of one of her friends. Someone safe who isn't hitting on her. Say that she doesn't think she's attractive, think's she's fat, etc. Typical female insecurities.

Now her friends are trying to convince her that, no, she's actually really attractive, she just needs to show some self confidence, stop slouching, smile more, etc.

So, to help build her self-image, they suggest having her turn heads in a department store. Part of the game mechanic would be that the more she accomplishes, the more confident she becomes, which lets her do more stuff.

So, maybe at first she has trouble doing much more than smiling at a guy. When that works, she starts standing up straighter. Then add in flicking back her hair. Then unbuttoning one button on her blouse. Etc.

Think of it kind of like an RPG where she "levels up" and gets more skills, which in turn helps her get more experience, etc.

In what I just described, the objective is self-confidence. The gameplay is a path toward building self-confidence. And the reward can be just about anything you want, since confidence is its own reward.

Of course, if it's going to be an erotic game, the player reward is her having sex with a guy in the dressing room.

In fact, sticking with the RPG theme, make there be difficulty levels for the guys. Some are easy to impress, while others take higher/harder techniques. The final "boss" as it were is someone that, for whatever reason, is extremely desirable, and hardest to win over. Etc.

Does that give you any ideas or anything you want to work with?

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby Squeeky » Wed, 11Mar23 08:23

T,
That's a very intriguing scenario framework. Almost mind boggling!

I don't know if Craban is able to build it in, and his "Photoshoot" suggests the possibility, but like "Getting to Know Christine", if the confidence score is insufficient, or the girl loses point by feeling deprecated by some action, a lesser end game prevails.
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby luke » Wed, 11Mar23 16:52

Graen wrote : Spring is here, so it's time to shed all those heavy clothes! ;)

Can't wait for summer time Image
Que la Force de Shark soit avec toi / May the Shark Force be with you
luke

Postby Newdood » Wed, 11Mar23 18:47

Can't wait for summer time

I can't wait for summertime either - I woke up to a couple cm fresh SNOW this morning!!

@tlaero: I'm pretty sure I speak for a lot of the guys in the lagoon, but even if I'm only speaking for myself, I want to say "Thank you."

I think it's helpful to see things from the other side of the gender divide every once in a while. Beyond that, it's obvious that you've put some serious thought into your suggestion. That's appreciated.
When it comes to binary, there are 10 kinds of people - those who get and those who don't!
Newdood
star of the reef

Postby Craban » Sat, 11Mar26 05:19

Thanks tlaero. Your comments are an inspiration and I rendered some pictures of what could be the introduction into the story.

As it's already 20 pictures long I posted that to the forum at http://secretpaste.org/games-forum/
Craban
star of the reef

Postby Squeeky » Sat, 11Mar26 05:53

I've noted over at "secretpaste" that this looks like an intriguing introduction, a theme which certainly I would not have imagined.

I am assuming that her friend will be her 'guide' from exposure to exposure, as she builds her confidence. I am also assuming that there will be a "score" table that reflects which ending is achieved
(eg:
1. She gets a worthy male partner.
2. She has to be satisfied with a female.
3. She attracts a friend for her friend and she misses out.
4. Both gain a satisfactory partner).

Having been through the various stages of exhibitionism is there need for a "bedroom" scenario? If the focus of your theme is about the exhibitionism I'd say not, just allude to the idea, or offer a few framed "stills" if you really wanted to go that far.

I'd be interested in the valued thoughts of Tlaero.
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby Craban » Sat, 11Mar26 13:58

I guess this game won't be as explicit as a lot of others. Maybe I'm wrong but I think more subtle actions fit better into a girl's game.
I'm curious what the female part of the lagoon has to say.

This is how she looks after her friend has taken care of some details:
Craban
star of the reef

Postby ttant » Sat, 11Mar26 16:02

I'm not a woman, but her face looks like very masculine for me.

BTW, in the hair experiment part, i prefer the JH-001
ttant
star of the reef

Postby tlaero » Sat, 11Mar26 20:20

Sorry, I'm not likely to start following another forum. Is it possible to post a link to the pictures here (somewhere that I don't need a member ID to access)?

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby Craban » Sat, 11Mar26 20:45

And here as a special service: The print out!

(Edit: removed outdated link)

BTW: The reason for the (free) membership is that I don't like the idea that each and every comment on a planned game meant for a certain audience is going to be indexed by all search engines and kept there forever.
Maybe I'm old-fashioned ... ;-)
Craban
star of the reef

Postby tlaero » Sun, 11Mar27 11:28

It's a promising start, Craban.

How badly do you want to do the pigtails, though? A woman in her 30s who is wearing pigtails is trying a bit too hard (or is playing a child in kids theater). I think you could accomplish the same "make her look younger" trick with a pony tail, though.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby Craban » Sun, 11Mar27 16:30

tlaero wrote : It's a promising start, Craban.

How badly do you want to do the pigtails, though? A woman in her 30s who is wearing pigtails is trying a bit too hard (or is playing a child in kids theater). I think you could accomplish the same "make her look younger" trick with a pony tail, though.

Tlaero

While I was planning this part I remembered a women I got to know last year. She's 39, ash blond in pigtails and has an adult son.
I agree it's unusual but it seems to happen ;-)
Craban
star of the reef

Postby Greebo » Sun, 11Mar27 21:42

Maturer blondes - Scandinavian in particular - can look very good in plaited pigtails, but a dark haired woman with ribbons tying her hair in two bunches like that is risking looking like a schoolgirl caricature unless she is very careful with her makeup and what she wears. (My opinion, of course!)
“Anyone who believes what a cat tells him deserves all he gets.”
― Neil Gaiman
Greebo
Great Master of corals

PreviousNext

Return to Projects