Unfaithful/Infidèle ? [FR][EN][DE/RU] V1.3.0.8 (26/04/2022)

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Infidèle [FR] [EN]

Postby Greebo » Sat, 15Jun13 22:30

redle wrote:...like when the scientists working on one of the space missions years ago had something fail because one team was working in English units and one team was working in Metric and someone didn't convert one of the results to the other system before combining them...

I remember that one -- if I remember correctly it wasn't just a failure, a highly expensive Mars probe instrument package that had spent the best part of two years travelling to the red planet was caused to catastrophically headbutt the very celestial body it was supposed to delicately approach and observe. Worse than what happened to Beagle, which at least landed on target, although whatever happened on landing stopped it functioning properly.

I also seem to remember that two Chinook helicopter pilots were posthumously blamed for the crash of their machine for ages until the relevant authorities were forced to admit that a software error caused the onboard computer to think they were at the wrong height and impose a lethal emergency action! Wasn't it something about flying below sea level flipped a bit that implied that they were actually at 32,000 feet and hence above a viable operating height?
Greebo
Great Master of corals

sex: Masculine

Postby LRM » Sun, 15Jun14 05:36

Greebo wrote:
redle wrote:...like when the scientists working on one of the space missions years ago had something fail because one team was working in English units and one team was working in Metric and someone didn't convert one of the results to the other system before combining them...

I remember that one -- if I remember correctly it wasn't just a failure, a highly expensive Mars probe instrument package that had spent the best part of two years travelling to the red planet was caused to catastrophically headbutt the very celestial body it was supposed to delicately approach and observe. Worse than what happened to Beagle, which at least landed on target, although whatever happened on landing stopped it functioning properly.

I also seem to remember that two Chinook helicopter pilots were posthumously blamed for the crash of their machine for ages until the relevant authorities were forced to admit that a software error caused the onboard computer to think they were at the wrong height and impose a lethal emergency action! Wasn't it something about flying below sea level flipped a bit that implied that they were actually at 32,000 feet and hence above a viable operating height?

I think the metric versus standard was also blamed for the initial failure of the Hubble telescope. I wish the US of A would get off their collective asses and convert to metric. I had to rework the brakes on my Dakota recently... What a cluster fuck that was! Now not only do I have different sized standard bolts but just to keep you on your toes we're going to add the occasional metric sized bolt.
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby redle » Mon, 15Jun15 05:30

LRM wrote: I wish the US of A would get off their collective asses and convert to metric...

While I don't disagree, it's a nightmare for whatever generation actually does this. It's been tried a time or two but stopped very quickly. Things stop being fixable. Entire tool sets become obsolete and need replacing. Not to mention things like textbooks in schools suddenly all needing to be replaced (and their budgets are already way overburdened at present).

Basically it requires one generation to decide to live in misery for quite some time so that future generations can benefit. (and for a time there'd likely be an increase in probe, helicopter, telescope malfunctions)
redle
star of the reef

Postby Squeeky » Mon, 15Jun15 09:44

I respect that this latter discussion began correctly as an aside; standards of any kind, measurement, language, whatever, will take longer than our current generations to fix.

Time to RETURN TO TOPIC.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby nerio » Mon, 15Jun15 19:50

Squeeky wrote:I respect that this latter discussion began correctly as an aside; standards of any kind, measurement, language, whatever, will take longer than our current generations to fix.

Time to RETURN TO TOPIC.

They shouldn't. The UK just did it. The US could have pushed on but it (oddly) became something of a cause.

I wonder would changing the representation, opening the game in the designer, and saving it (doing this with the English translation of the game) resolve the issue? There's a chance, although perhaps a small one. If zigmut wants to try I can test it.
nerio
great white shark

Postby redle » Mon, 15Jun15 21:15

nerio wrote:
Squeeky wrote:I respect that this latter discussion began correctly as an aside; standards of any kind, measurement, language, whatever, will take longer than our current generations to fix.

Time to RETURN TO TOPIC.

They shouldn't. The UK just did it. The US could have pushed on but it (oddly) became something of a cause.

I wonder would changing the representation, opening the game in the designer, and saving it (doing this with the English translation of the game) resolve the issue? There's a chance, although perhaps a small one. If zigmut wants to try I can test it.

For the most part this is a repeat a my original suggestion that spawned the whole discussion.
redle
star of the reef

Postby nerio » Tue, 15Jun16 19:58

redle wrote:
nerio wrote:

Time to RETURN TO TOPIC.

For the most part this is a repeat a my original suggestion that spawned the whole discussion.

I know :)
nerio
great white shark

Postby Darkf0x » Sat, 15Jun20 12:37

Is it Fixed ?

What about about a Simple guide for the workaround so anyone can enjoy it ?

What about a double version for encoding ?
Darkf0x
sirens hunter

Postby Skelaturi » Sat, 15Jun20 21:37

Darkf0x wrote:Is it Fixed ?

its in the 1st post, copy pasted the line

Change this by going to Control Panel, Region and Language, and click the Advanced Settings on the Format tab. Change the decimal symbol to ',' and restart RAGS.
Doggy style (noun)
A sexual position which allows both participants to watch TV.
---
My weakness a deviant Redhead: http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8&start=4425#p97335

--
Seen anything wrong, a typo, to ask, anything else? PM me.
Skelaturi

Postby Darkf0x » Mon, 15Jun22 19:01

Skelaturi wrote:

Change this by going to Control Panel, Region and Language, and click the Advanced Settings on the Format tab. Change the decimal symbol to ',' and restart RAGS.

Thanks, will try.
Will it affect my savegames in any way, or can i load them ?
Darkf0x
sirens hunter

Postby Skelaturi » Mon, 15Jun22 23:52

Darkf0x wrote:
Skelaturi wrote:

Thanks, will try.

shoudn't be affecting your savegames, but if you had 1 before where it was looping it probaly not going to loop any longer
Doggy style (noun)
---
My weakness a deviant Redhead: http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8&start=4425#p97335

--
Skelaturi

Postby redle » Tue, 15Jun23 01:47

Skelaturi wrote:
Darkf0x wrote:
Skelaturi wrote:

Thanks, will try.

shoudn't be affecting your savegames, but if you had 1 before where it was looping it probaly not going to loop any longer

In other words... yes, your save games are affected. Loading existing save games will likely cause some problems. All of your stats are part of the save (and your stats are based on numbers). So playing at any point with the computer set to the "wrong" delimiter will likely partially corrupt that playthrough.

Given the nature of the bug, the game may recover reasonably well if you switch back to the comma delimiter (meaning maybe you just need to re-earn some previously gained points). Either way though, it's a case best avoided. It took long enough for someone to come up with the hypothesis for this bug with quite a few people playing it set to a different region. Doubt there are nearly as many people tracking switching back and forth to say exactly how bad the effects might be.
redle
star of the reef

Postby Skelaturi » Tue, 15Jun23 15:19

redle wrote:
Skelaturi wrote:
Darkf0x wrote:
Skelaturi wrote:

Thanks, will try.

In other words... yes, your save games are affected. Loading existing save games will likely cause some problems. All of your stats are part of the save (and your stats are based on numbers). So playing at any point with the computer set to the "wrong" delimiter will likely partially corrupt that playthrough.

Given the nature of the bug, the game may recover reasonably well if you switch back to the comma delimiter (meaning maybe you just need to re-earn some previously gained points). Either way though, it's a case best avoided. It took long enough for someone to come up with the hypothesis for this bug with quite a few people playing it set to a different region. Doubt there are nearly as many people tracking switching back and forth to say exactly how bad the effects might be.

yup think your right, also on the people front. Probaly after the next game update i think there will be a bit more people seeing the effects of the fix then there are now
Doggy style (noun)
---

--
Skelaturi

Postby Darkf0x » Mon, 15Jun29 14:09

Having a side effect on changing the decimal separator. Some apps, including taskman, report incorrect values, some crash, some freeze. So better use the workaround just for the game, and switch back when finished playing.
Darkf0x
sirens hunter

Postby LRM » Mon, 15Jun29 21:35

redle wrote:
Skelaturi wrote:
Darkf0x wrote:
Skelaturi wrote:

Thanks, will try.

Just throwing a thought out there, I haven't tested my theory. If you open the saved game and save it with the correct delimiter, using the same saved name, won't that solve all problems?
Got Wood?
LRM

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games