RagsGamesForum

The specific forum for rags games creators

Re: RagsGamesForum

Postby Mimailia » Wed, 10Jan13 16:50

Psycho72, though I can't say I agree (or disagree) with what you did, you sure handled it in a very CLASSY manner.

M
I can't figure out how to use the signature!
Mimailia
star of the reef

Postby moonkee » Wed, 10Jan13 21:22

Psycho... u handled that perfectly..

Does anyone have access to the game "how i spent last summer", trying to finish the game, but was on psycho's link.

(possibly PM with the file or a link to allow download)?
moonkee
great white shark

Postby almeida67 » Thu, 10Jan14 16:57

When Xeron in August 2009, published Spell4All in Rapidshare, instead of a link to Hypnopics, I didn't see any observation about copyrights.
When Erana change files in Spell4All to modify the difficulty of the game, I didn't see any observation about copyrights.
When many internal members of this Forum, made changes in ArianneB, changing many of the ways of the game, I didn't see any observation about copyrights.
When several people give complete walk through to different games, as Delron or AIF do, and this Forum does, I didn't see any observation about copyrights.
etc. etc. etc.
But when psycho72 makes the effort of recompilation of Rags games in a page and link it, as Delron or AIF does, he violates copyrights, interesting...
Interesting the way of some members of this Forum want to interfere the diffusion of CERTAIN games, APPARENTLY in defense of copyrights of complete free download agreement of the authors.
hmmm...
psycho72, I respect your decision, but can you publish in this Forum the complete links for the games, you have recompiled in 4shared?
Thanks, we will all appreciate that!
almeida67
lagoon predator

Postby psycho72 » Thu, 10Jan14 17:17

Hey guys! i really appreciate your comments. basically links accumilated from hypnotive collective, tfgamessites.com, and random searches. took a while to compile. also on tfgamesite there is a link of 4shared link is http://www.tfgamessite.com/phpbb3/viewt ... ?f=15&t=60. has a list there as well. link to other is http://hypnopics-collective.net/viewforum.php?f=11. hope you can find what you are looking for.

psycho72
lagoon predator

Postby Tjommi » Thu, 10Jan14 18:11

My friends,

Because that is what we all are after all here right ?
Let me try to diffuse the situation a bit. When you read posts here in this forum you gotta remember that many of the member got English as their secondary or even third language. What most people do without thinking it over, is that they use the same sentence construction and grammar that they do in their native tongue. In other words you speak the way you speak your own language only with english words, or as some would call it bad english. Now there is nothing wrong with that, but what happens as clearly the development in this thread is an example of is that you got misunderstandings because of the language barrier.

Noboy here is questioning psycho72's good intentions, because we know that is what he had when he made this compilation. It was just the matter it was done that was questioned. To dumb it down it's like if you taking the keys to your neighbours car and borrowing it to your friend without asking your neighbour. It's about property and it's about common sence. However psycho72 understood done right and fixed this. aleida67 my friend, I think you read more intentions than what was ment in the posts here, and I understand you wanting to defend psycho72, but I think you are jumping a bit to conclutions. Let us not make this esculate to a fight. I don't know Xeron, but I am pretty sure that Erana would never alter another persons creation without the concent of whoever made it. Let's shake hands and leave this matter behind and use the rest of this thread to talk about rags games :)
Tjommi
star of the reef

Postby almeida67 » Thu, 10Jan14 18:41

Just my really last intervention about this matter... This is what
gandalfrockman
has written in Hypnopics Forum I access with ExLibris link.
Post Re: Possible for someone other than the creator to share a game?
Enforcement is easy on a forum.
Forums are the ordered, controlled part of the internet. (Relatively speaking)
I know there are yahoo groups,some imgboards, and some irc communities that have most of the games from this forum as well as a couple others hosted, and I doubt they ever asked anyone's permission (though they always credit the authors)
I Guess my point of view is:
If you want people to play it why do you care where its hosted?
If you don't want people to play it; why did you create it?
You chose to give me a copy of something you made, what I do with MY copy of your creation is really up to me.
Arguing that I have to ask your permission to give a copy of my copy to a friend is EXTREMELY hypocritical; how many of you contact every model in every manip you've used in a game and ask their permission to repost a copy of their photo with alterations you've made in a game? (I know some of you do, but I doubt everyone does this for every photo as some authors don't even credit the models)
ME can set whatever policy he wants for his forum; and I will of course abide by it.
Just in case anyone got the wrong idea; I haven't uploaded anyone rag games anywhere; but not because of sanctimonious authors, but because the latest release of your rags game is already mirrored in six quiet places on the internet and because no-one has asked.
Sometimes I think you people really underestimate the size of your audience..............
Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:06 am
So the best is to try to find these six quiet places...
almeida67
lagoon predator

Postby almeida67 » Thu, 10Jan14 20:11

psycho72
I sent you a PM, please check.
almeida67
lagoon predator

Postby Trucla » Fri, 10Jan15 02:24

Hi!

Please read what I write, and don't just take conclusions of what you read!

1.- I am not a gamer in the sense that is usually given to the word. This means that I don't like (sometimes hate) games with any form of physical violence or involving transformations (of any kind) and/or mind control. I like clever games that force my brain cells to work.

2.- I knew for quite some years from a post in Yahoo AIF Group that authors from Hypnopics (or TFgames, I'm not sure) didn't want that links to their games were posted elsewhere. This was object of some discussion within AIF Group.

3.- While I don't see the point of it, as in my opinion if you make a game for free, you should allow the same to be freely linked, a game being in some way a work of art, the fact that somebody possesses one copy doesn't give him (her) the right to do whatever he (she) wants to it, unless expressly allowed by the author.

4.- I understand (and I agree) with ExLibris when he says that the only rewards that these authors receive are the opinions of people who played their games. But here I dare to put a question. Why do these authors confine themselves to one (or two) forum(s)? If they want to get opinions, why don't they let their games be linked in other sites, and go there from time to time for seeing what's going on?

5.- Psycho ingenuously (no offense, Psycho), and investing quite a lot of work, compiled a list of the games in both sites and published them in his (her) own site. This for people having one site where they could find links to RAGS (and other) games. And once he knew about the opposition of the relative authors (or part of them), in a very elegant way, removed said links from the site. Chapeau, Psycho! Once you knew, you did the right thing!

6.- I understand this was kind of frustrating for people who don't mind playing unfinished (the big majority) and full of bugs (lots of) games, but you'll always have the possibility of signing up at Hypnopics (I did) and/or TFGames. In this way you can get them all!

Cheers!
Trucla
If a guy is hungry, don't feed him! Just offer a fishing rod and teach him fishing!
Trucla
legend of the South Seas

sex: Masculine

Postby Mdroot » Mon, 10Jan18 15:08

Hi.
Did someone managed to get through Karressa in Rough Landing 1.30, i'm really stuck in this very good game.
Mdroot
Pilot fish

Postby qbv8 » Mon, 10Jan18 18:29

almeida67, in your article from January 14th, you write:
When many internal members of this Forum, made changes in ArianneB, changing many of the ways of the game, I didn't see any observation about copyrights.

I would like to direct your observation to the following references that were made when publishing UP17, the fan extensions to the datingsimulator game:
[*]The starting file startDate.html bears the original copyright as well as the link to the original game and the authoring information of the UP17 extensions.
[*]The central Javascrïpt file system.js contains references to the sources and the authors of the specific datastructures.
[*]The accompanying file File README_UP17.txt starts with the following text:
[font=Courier New]ArianeB - Fan extensions to the famous dating simulator game from http://ArianeB.com
Please also read the file readme.txt from the original distribution which is included here as it contains the copyright information.

UP 17 - based on ArianeB version 5.8

AUTHOR: Arnulf

CONTRIBUTIONS to this version by digits, json.err, qbv8.

SPECIAL THANKS to Chaotic for the permission of using one of his figures.
[/font]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
qbv8
star of the reef

Postby Trucla » Mon, 10Jan18 19:50

Offtopic:
Welcome back, qbv8! :)
Trucla
If a guy is hungry, don't feed him! Just offer a fishing rod and teach him fishing!
Trucla
legend of the South Seas

Postby qbv8 » Mon, 10Jan18 19:57

Thank you, Trucla :)
qbv8
star of the reef

Postby almeida67 » Mon, 10Jan18 22:08

Hi all,
The first intention of this topic was not the discussion of copyrights.
I am a professional myself, not in sexy games, I must say; and in any creation I do, I always check internationally to find any similitude with the job I'm doing, to avoid any discussion about creation prerogatives. This is the only way I know to conserve my copyright "rights", besides dating them in my web sites. And even so, people has made copies of my work.
I didn't say that you, qbv8, and Arnulf or Erana, or any other member of this Forum made something inadmissible, and more in open code games, sometimes declared as so by the author himself or herself, or by omission. No offense or accusation in what I wrote, just a statement, or observation, or taste, or feeling.
But let us stop posting in this topic, what I was already doing.
It has no more any sense, let it go down slowly.
Without open reference to games, it lost all its original interest.

If anyone wants to begin a real topic about copyrights, I think that the THE BEACH is a better place, not ALL SEXY GAMES.
In terms of Rags games share, I totally agree with the sense of what gandalfrockman has written in Hypnopics Forum, as I mention above, but let's forget it.
almeida67
lagoon predator

Postby LRM » Tue, 10Jan19 00:19

I did a double take on the date. Good to see you qbv8. I for one missed your input.
L
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby qbv8 » Tue, 10Jan19 11:12

Thank you, LRM. Greetings to the New World and a Happy New Year to all of us. Let's make our world a better place, and we can start small here.

:)
qbv8
qbv8
star of the reef

PreviousNext

Return to RAGS games