RagsGamesForum

The specific forum for rags games creators

Re: RagsGamesForum

Postby almeida67 » Wed, 09Dec30 17:44

I think that in general Rags Games must not be in "Yet Another Dating Sim topic as it begins to be.
Rags is enough important to get its own site in "shark's lagoon sexy games forum".
I quickly transfer the last data from this topic to here, given my others or myself.
I expect that ExLibris, as one of the Guru in AIF games will make a better introduction.
For introduction and capabilities of Rags Engine, please refer to
http://www.ragsgame.com/
There you can download the software, the runner engine is free, and the designer in its last version, costs US$ 13.95 for one year access to forum and support.
The games, I know about 19-20 in total, are about all dominated by hypnopics orientation, spells, magic, sex transformation, and hypnotic domination. But the capabilities of RAGS open all possibilities for Text-Graphics-Video-Puzzles in a mouse interface, much more rich than the games actually for download.
The sites to download AIF Rags games are:
http://www.delron.org.uk/d_aif_games.htm has some of them
http://hypnopics-collective.net/ has all of them.
http://www.aifgames.com/ has some of them
http://tfgamessite.com/ has some of them
The idea of this sub-forum is to collect opinions, information and so on.
The games I know to get downloaded, ordered by dimension (10Mb- 1.3Mb) are:
Little_Slave_Lost.rag
SUB_Mission_Spa_and_Resort.rag
Rough Landing 1.2.rag
CareerChange02.rag
WTF.rag
The Interface.rag
StateOfMind-992.15.rag
DemonTown.3.2.RAG
Little_Slave_Lost_Chapter_Zero.rag
Jigsaw II ver 1.0.rag
Jandarrow.rag
Magic War.rag
Debtutante-1080-01.rag
RingOfPowerPart2.3.rag
RingOfPower.1.1.rag
Inheritance.rag
shipofdestiny.rag
CollegeDaze-1.1.rag
Littlemen.rag
Not all are really finished and playable.
Enjoy and happy good year
almeida67
lagoon predator

Postby SupaFly » Wed, 09Dec30 20:31

somone could gimme a walkthrough for StateOfMind,Inheritance and YADS?
first time i play with this RAGS system and have no clue about it
SupaFly
great white shark

Postby almeida67 » Wed, 09Dec30 22:25

PLAYING CORRECTLY
Rags Games are quite natural, but you must currently know where to find actions, suggestions, etc. Rags Games are hours playing, not quick games in general.
You must save constantly, in order to load saved games, in case that you take a wrong option in the game. If you lose a game, you have no undo option for the action that makes you just lose.
The [Text Frame] must be read carefully before taking an [Action]. Sometimes you get in red the [Click to Continue] below right of [Text Frame]. This can be just a scroll for the text or the result of an [Action] for the game you click just before, with several [Graphics Frame]’s, or when you win or lose the game.
Below left of [Text Frame] you have a small icon of your [Actual Location]. Clicking the icon, give options - just examine… or search, etc. - that can orient you by the information you get in the text frame. Normally there are no [Action] in [Actual Location], but sometimes yes.
Below left you have the classic orientation frame to “rooms” and up and down, where you move [Your Character] in this moment shown just at the right of these frames. If no movement is shown, it’s because the game is asking an [Action] in one of the others places.
Clicking [Your Character] gives you also options and sometimes [Action].
Below right you have 3 columns: [Room Objectu] [Visible Characteru] [Inventory].
Clicking any strings in these columns give you options, sometimes opening a [Window Optionu] above the [Graphics Frame], but normally these are [Action] in the game. The interactions with [Visible Characteru] are normally [Action], as must be the form you use the objects in [Inventory].
[Graphics Frame] is a no interactive result, in general.
almeida67
lagoon predator

Postby almeida67 » Wed, 09Dec30 23:11

Give a walkthrough in a Rags game has no sense. Even a “bad” ending is sometimes more interesting than a “good” ending.
I can give some hints in games.

Ehlanna StateOfMind is a game where you must get spells and the way to use them to dominate people. Pay attention to your money in buying magic phial and so on. New rooms will open during the game. Go a lot to the Town Library, and search books, etc.

TinaB Inheritance is a much easier game. I don’t know why TinaB likes so much to change men in women to get power on other women. A question of taste, I think! But the first hint is going to town, where you lose your job, return home, get a good inheritance letter, pack and go to the airport. There you must search the way to get the money for the ticket (the only hard part) to go to Little Springs and get the money and other feelings of your great aunt Marilyn. When you get there the game is easy and …
almeida67
lagoon predator

Postby Trucla » Thu, 09Dec31 00:04

Congrats Almeida for the introduction to RAGS!

I would like to add that while it's true that once you make the fatal error you can't undo that action, in general you can undo the last move (going to the tab Edit). But this feature is only valid for the last action, no more.

Off topic: Almeida, please check your PM box.

Cheers and happy hippy new year!
Trucla
If a guy is hungry, don't feed him! Just offer a fishing rod and teach him fishing!
Trucla
legend of the South Seas

sex: Masculine

Postby SupaFly » Thu, 09Dec31 00:58

yep i got to the airport and i already worked in that fastfood restaurant,bought trish a drink and the "job" to get the earrings.
thats the point where i am stuck,dunno what to do.i bought som stuffs from gift shop and dont know what to do.
would be nice if you could pm me and give me more hints :-D
SupaFly
great white shark

Postby almeida67 » Thu, 09Dec31 01:44

Perhaps you need to get the earrings the wrong way, and go to prison... why not?
And a little more hint: tell the police what trish does, hmmm
But save your game all the time... free advice
almeida67
lagoon predator

Postby SupaFly » Thu, 09Dec31 02:27

oh thank you almeida...hmm played it now.
and really sorry i didnt like the story,wasnt my type of game ;-)
SupaFly
great white shark

Postby almeida67 » Thu, 09Dec31 02:38

I agree,
I said before, and I expect it was clear:
I don’t know why TinaB likes so much to change men in women to get power on other women. A question of taste, I think!
Try Rough Landing 1.2.rag, a little better.
But the domination of hypnopics orientation is quite clear in all games.
But I prefer this than the games you find in TinaB forum.
And you could really make good games with Rags, just a question who will begin...
almeida67
lagoon predator

Postby ExLibris » Thu, 09Dec31 03:19

For some reason RAGS hasn't seen very much uptake by the members of the AIF community. The only game I can think of is Stalker Neighbor by snoufman, which was an entry in the 2007 Minicomp. It came last, which probably wasn't very encouraging.

However, RAGS is the engine of choice of both the Hypnopics Collective (mind control stories and images) and tfgamessite (transformation). This accounts for the subject matter of most of the games, since they were made for the members of those two forums and *not* for anyone else. So if you don't like mind control or transformation, the vast majority of RAGS games won't appeal to you.

However, if you are interested in those themes I would suggest joining one or both of those forums. You should be able to find hints there a lot more easily.

Alternatively, you could try creating a game yourself (although that would require buying a RAGS subscrïption). It seems to me that it would be a lot easier than creating your own system from scratch (as Chaotic has done), but for some reason no one has.

The best RAGS game I can think of is Rough Landing (the latest version is 1.3 btw), which has a sequel currently in alpha. There's also Bodywerks (incomplete but with very good production values), Island in the Blue, Little Slave Lost, and Lamplighter (very incomplete)
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby psycho72 » Thu, 09Dec31 08:47

Hi All
Been a member for a while
hence here is a complete list of all RAG Games
Enjoy !!!
http://www.4shared.com/dir/22599015/1c6 ... aring.html

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010!!!!!
psycho72
lagoon predator

Postby psycho72 » Thu, 09Dec31 09:08

would love to know how to create rag games
is there some tool which i can buy
what does it cost
cheers!
psycho72
lagoon predator

Postby ExLibris » Thu, 09Dec31 11:51

@psycho72
See the opening post. It has a link to the RAGS site.

The player is free, but the designer requires a paid subscrïption if you want to create a game over a certain size. On the plus side, RAGS is updated quite frequently.
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby Flash » Thu, 09Dec31 14:11

Does anyone know if there's a Rags Player for Mac out there? I've been looking, but I didn't find...
Flash
sirens hunter

Postby Trucla » Thu, 09Dec31 19:19

Flash wrote : Does anyone know if there's a Rags Player for Mac out there? I've been looking, but I didn't find...
Unfortunately no, there isn't! From time to time the developer talks about it (in the RAGS Forum), but put it again in the bottom of the list... ;)
Trucla
If a guy is hungry, don't feed him! Just offer a fishing rod and teach him fishing!
Trucla
legend of the South Seas

sex: Masculine

Next

Return to RAGS games