Re: foreign university

The specific forum for rags games creators

Postby Henrik » Mon, 12Dec10 07:01

game player wrote:I haven't heard from the game maker in this thread. Or from the pm I sent him. His last sign on was after either of these events. I can only go by the impression he left in his posts about being done with the game. I thank him for his game and will keep my revised version to myself as I wasn't able to receive permission to share it.

wish you would reconsider and share.

if it helps, when i originally wanted to try to do an english translation, i asked for permission and he did respond to me with a pm to "do whatever i wanted" to the game, since he was finished with it.
Henrik
great white shark

Postby ZaphodB » Sun, 12Dec16 10:16

game player wrote:I haven't heard from the game maker in this thread. Or from the pm I sent him. His last sign on was after either of these events. I can only go by the impression he left in his posts about being done with the game. I thank him for his game and will keep my revised version to myself as I wasn't able to receive permission to share it.

That's a shame game player. It was in need of a little tweaking.
ZaphodB
lagoon predator

Postby borrowitch » Mon, 12Dec17 10:18

ok sorry, i don't reply for a long time to this tread(and even don't look at).
As the original game maker, i just say, do wathever you want with the game.

in the next few hour, i will post the "specification" (a file in .doc) i made to help me programming the game. normally the file will include all stuff i have done, all interaction with each girl and almost all stuff that i don't have time to do.

i just need to find where i store it in my computer...
borrowitch
sirens hunter

Postby borrowitch » Wed, 12Dec19 16:06

here you could find the "specification" of the game.
text color will show whats is programmed in the game.

http://rapidshare.com/files/2049442789/university4.doc
borrowitch
sirens hunter

Postby LRM » Wed, 12Dec19 19:49

On behalf of everyone here, Thank You.
Merry Christmas
Lou
Got Wood?
LRM

sex: Masculine

Postby game player » Sat, 12Dec22 05:16

Henrik-Appreciate the information. Fortunately the game maker did respond so I have his permission to proceed.

Zaphod-I feel the same way. The game is off to a good start. But games take a huge amount of time to make. A game that takes place over 100 days takes even more content than a shorter game to keep player interest.

Borrowitch-Thanks for all your efforts and sharing your game with us. Also thanks for your permission for the translation and adding new material. I will see if I can follow your notes to see what your intentions were for the rest of your game.

I've made various revisions on my version of the game. I've adjusted the starting values for each option to address problems I encountered throughout the game. I've also added the ability to check the examine action to see what progress you make with a girl. Trying to discover this at the nightclub doesn't seem right. Ariel is able to be played similar to the other girls. I've also added additional options so she and 2 other girls can now become your fiance. I've got a back story for Ariel to further put in the game. I also am working on adding a newspaper for the school that the main character and other girls can work on. I'm trying to address the need for more material to fill the 100 days with. The starting values will continue to be adjusted as the goals and endings are placed into the game. The current value is based on trying to maximize each girl by the end of the game. I think this is best in order to experience as much of the content in one play. I still need to edit the new material and verify a few options in order to have a stable version. I'll see how the game plays once this point is reached. I should then know if it would be ready to share as a work in process. I have already put in a lot of time on this. I also have my own project that has been neglected in putting time into this game. So I won't be able to give a time on when any of this will be ready.
game player
great white shark

Postby redle » Mon, 13Jul22 21:28

@game player - was interested to check this one out. Did you ever make your English version available anywhere?
redle
star of the reef

Postby whynot » Mon, 13Aug05 19:35

Bonjour game player,

Si j'ai bien compris, c'est toi qui mets à jour les liens vers la version anglaise.
Peux-tu mettre un lien vers la version française ?

Merci d'avance
whynot
great white shark

Postby MARYNOM » Thu, 13Aug08 20:23

its a damn shame there's no english version of this game.
MARYNOM
great white shark

Postby Henrik » Wed, 13Aug14 05:43

i know very little about how to program with RAGS, and borrowitch was a very advanced user/coder. and so what i discovered when i tried to translate it was that i would constantly upset variables and other stuff, even when it seemed like i was changing perfectly safe names and tags. i just couldn't get it figured.

there was a reasonable english translation available for a while, thanks to game player.
Henrik
great white shark

Postby montyx » Mon, 13Aug26 06:52

Is there any hints or walkthrough for this game?
I've tried many times to reach any endings, but after the day 100 this is going forward every time. [img]images/icones/icon18.gif[/img]

Please provide me any hints or WT here in the forum, or in PM.
Many thanks in advance.
montyx
sirens hunter

Postby game player » Mon, 13Sep09 22:45

Henrik wrote:i know very little about how to program with RAGS, and borrowitch was a very advanced user/coder. and so what i discovered when i tried to translate it was that i would constantly upset variables and other stuff, even when it seemed like i was changing perfectly safe names and tags. i just couldn't get it figured.

there was a reasonable english translation available for a while, thanks to game player.

Actually Barrytown translated Borrowitch's game into English. I have worked on: creating a complete part for Ariel, game play adjustments/additions, and replacing Spencer with another girl. It just seemed a shame to have a romanceable character that I had no interest in myself. The game is very large and I have been working on my own project. Which means I don't have a version that is share ready.
game player
great white shark

Postby game player » Mon, 13Sep09 22:54

montyx wrote:Is there any hints or walkthrough for this game?
I've tried many times to reach any endings, but after the day 100 this is going forward every time. [img]images/icones/icon18.gif[/img]

Please provide me any hints or WT here in the forum, or in PM.
Many thanks in advance.

I haven't found any endings myself. The game just continues on. Which is one of the things I'm trying to address in my revision(permission granted by Borrowitch). I consider proposing to a girl as the ending for now. Unless you want to go all harem and try and get all the girls. The original game only had the option to propose to one girl. I've been adding the option to each of the girls to allow for a harem ending.

What I would suggest is to know which girl you want to romance at the start of the game. Sandy and Maria like sports. Allison likes mental. Gemma likes money. Choosing the related character type will go a long way toward making the game easier.
game player
great white shark

Postby montyx » Tue, 13Sep10 06:55

game player wrote: The game is very large and I have been working on my own project. Which means I don't have a version that is share ready.

Is this possible to be involved in the improvement of the game? I'm interested in the translation, the story telling and some smaller code upgrade too.
please PM me.
thanks
montyx
sirens hunter

Postby Son-of-Odin » Tue, 13Sep10 09:57

montyx wrote:Is this possible to be involved in the improvement of the game? I'm interested in the translation, the story telling and some smaller code upgrade too.
please PM me.
thanks

This would be absolutely great. I really hope that you´re able to do it.
Son-of-Odin
star of the reef

PreviousNext

Return to RAGS games