Re: foreign university

The specific forum for rags games creators

Postby realkane » Mon, 12Nov12 16:15

Game player that sounds great....

I have to say i really enjoy playing this kind of game and i loved this one...
I finally got gemma and mrs spencer on my pole too ;-) thanks to the tips in here, thank you all!
This seems to be a day that nothing goes your way but you keep on going anyway....cause you're a CHAMP!
realkane
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby ZaphodB » Tue, 12Nov13 02:13

My French is pretty useless but I think I could do a better job than Google translation.
Really like the game as I started off in this genre with Japanese dating games. Marie, I bedded really quickly and Sandy wasn't too hard either but ...

Got a couple of problems:

Gemma:
Every time I try to make love to her either she throws up (in the club) or nothing happens. I've given her tons of gifts but she's been amis for a long time now. I have the apartment.

Alyson:
Is there any way to rectify the relationship after trying it on in the sauna?
ZaphodB
lagoon predator

Postby game player » Sat, 12Nov17 17:31

*Realkane

Thanks. Ariel's role was just starting so she at least needs to have similar interactions as the other girls. It's tempting to make her own path as well as putting endings on the game. Currently you can become engaged to Marie and the coding suggests a similar intent with the other girls. It all becomes a question of available time. I already have my own game that I'm working on. There's also the question of what the original game maker wants. He already said he wasn't going to finish the game and opened up the coding. Would he be okay with someone else adding to his game? I'd be looking for his okay before posting anything. I have added Ariel to have the same general features of the other girls. I have added about a dozen photos for her and already have thoughts on actions for her character.
game player
great white shark

Postby game player » Sat, 12Nov17 17:43

ZaphodB wrote:My French is pretty useless but I think I could do a better job than Google translation.
Really like the game as I started off in this genre with Japanese dating games. Marie, I bedded really quickly and Sandy wasn't too hard either but ...

You need to be careful with Sandy. Those meetings after the football game do a check with a random generated number against your mental score. The range on the that random generated number is a little high I believe. If your level isn't high enough, there's a large loss in relationship.

Got a couple of problems:

Gemma:
Every time I try to make love to her either she throws up (in the club) or nothing happens. I've given her tons of gifts but she's been amis for a long time now. I have the apartment.

Gemma
Gemma looks for money as well as your having an apartment. Her dialogue suggests she also checks for a physical score. But I haven't verified this yet with the coding. I'd suggest starting with trying to have a higher amount of money. Taking her on a date seems to have lower requirements so you may want to try that first before the making love option.

Alyson:
Is there any way to rectify the relationship after trying it on in the sauna?

Alyson
If you are referring to getting the unwanted advances outcome, then no. There isn't any coding I've seen to restore her relationship level. I did find and fixed some coding that wasn't working that has her realizing that she did enjoy the encounter. I've made similar corrections throughout the game that would be included with the Arial material if I find the time and receive the approvals for a revision.
game player
great white shark

Postby ZaphodB » Sat, 12Nov17 23:06

Thanks for the advice
ZaphodB
lagoon predator

Postby Venom » Tue, 12Nov20 00:31

tried out a few things myself seems a quite good game
can somebody be so friendly to give more hints how to get closer with the girls ;)
Venom
lagoon predator

Postby ZaphodB » Wed, 12Nov21 03:58

Venom wrote:tried out a few things myself seems a quite good game
can somebody be so friendly to give more hints how to get closer with the girls ;)

It depends on the girls. Giving gifts and talking to them gets you only so far. Once you become friends you will get other options like shopping with Gemma but you may need to reach certain stat thresholds. With Gemma the trick was to have a certain amount of money (+possibly the appartment) and then trigger a certain scene with a gift. With Maria physically I wasn't that great but I played a lot of sport with her, gave her a few gifts and was pretty far along before even joining the football team, although that may help you with Sandy more. Alison, well because I blew it with her big time, I don't know. I presume you need to pass the exam several times and have a big brain to really impress her. I think she does mention noticing you in the library. So Gemma's a bit of a snob, who likes rich men and possibly drugs, Alyson's a swot. Sandy's a cheerleader and Maria's a skeep fit fanatic.
ZaphodB
lagoon predator

Postby Venom » Wed, 12Nov21 19:54

thnx i think i figured alyison out
didn't have much luck with the other girls tough

spoiler alyison
alyison loves smart guys (get your geek on)
see in the library after school from 19-22 (not confirmed)
see really want to study but can't afford it speak with the shady guy in the disco
there is a check you get a bon d'entree universitaire more a less a study funds
need to find out where and how i can give it to her

some ramblings
miss spenser i don't really care about her
sandy got in the football team won but see doesn't seems to go further hmmz
gemma got the appartment the big bucks got option to go sexy but she doesn't want too
marie - better then her (strip bonus) doesn't realy go further
Venom
lagoon predator

Postby ZaphodB » Thu, 12Nov22 04:15

Venom wrote:some ramblings
miss spenser i don't really care about her
sandy got in the football team won but see doesn't seems to go further hmmz
gemma got the appartment the big bucks got option to go sexy but she doesn't want too
marie - better then her (strip bonus) doesn't realy go further

More on Gemma
It is a certain figure with Gemma, the kind of figure you might need to buy an apartment. I am not sure whether it works with multiple jobs, and Gemma's not to keen on you working in a supermarket, but you'll notice that the pay rises every hour so I am now earning will over $50 for 1 hour in the library, which is pretty special pay for a flexi-time librarian [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img] I bought her tons of gifts but I think the shopping trips are probably more effective for putting her on the brink. Once there she's really grateful for gifts late at night.

General play
My basic strategy became 8-12 lessons 12-16 working in the library (maybe stop for a chat at 12 or later if 1 of them is in the library 16-20 training 21 supermarket where you might meet 1 of the girls 21/22-23 gym, training at first then playing with Maria 23-24 Nightclub 1 sleep. Weekends I was more flexible with more time in the nightclub
ZaphodB
lagoon predator

Postby game player » Sat, 12Nov24 17:39

Is the shopping with Gemma part of the $30 go out with Gemma action? This action does mention shopping. I haven't found a separate shopping action with Gemma in the coding but wanted to check to make sure.

I have made progress on my version of an update. I have fixed the error message that occurs with the last football game(day 98). I was wondering if there are any preferences with the two permanent lost relationships in the game. One relates to Sandy and is not a player choice option. If your stats aren't high enough(similar to taking the test), Sandy informs you she just wants to be friends from then on. I like the idea of placing challenges in the game but I think there should be a way to recover the relationship. The second lost relationship is with Alison. This action is a player choice so can be avoided. But the results of the choice made isn't clear until its' too late to change. My take is to have Alison be lost as the relationship would be difficult to mend after that.

I have already added Ariel into the game. The other main thing I believe the game needs is some sort of ending. The current game format suggests to me that getting a girl to finance level was the ultimate goal. The current game only allows Marie to reach that level. I've added Alison as well and could add the other girls. Would there be a preference to have the game end once you get a girl as a finance? Or should the game continue until the set number of days. Allowing for trying to get engaged to additional girls? A scoring system could be added that reflects the level of progress made with each girl. Any suggestions or preferences?
game player
great white shark

Postby ZaphodB » Sun, 12Nov25 06:41

game player wrote:Is the shopping with Gemma part of the $30 go out with Gemma action?

That's what I assumed was going on. My French isn't great. Maybe the character recieves news about returning to France and therefore has to make a commitment to one girl. I did think it kind off odd when someone moves in with you, they don't ask where you've been and why you're trying to talk to other girls in their presence. Also I've played in the regular football games but am not sure what happens if I played in a championship game. It's almost as though that option should be left until the last week where the post match celebrations either involve you making a choice or having a choice made for you maybe with more than 1 girl (not sure if pictures of more than 1 girl are available, probably are if the girl are from the same company as Alison) which would be a nice climax - the college would at least expect you to spectate so even if you didn't play you are still there with the girls.
ZaphodB
lagoon predator

Postby ZaphodB » Sun, 12Nov25 06:55

I can't remember but I think the game started on a Monday and so 100 days would be a Tuesday. If you go with the football game ending on a Sunday then 98 days or less (can't really see the point in the game being longer) Maria was my fiancee quite early on in the game - I was surprised - so I didn't really want the game to end then. The other option could be to end it on the Friday with an end of term (100 days is a long term, mine were 70) exam everybody hitting the nightclub which opens at a mysteriously early 6 pm before heading back to the sorority house or your apartment with the girl/s of your choice or their choice. Football ending seems a bit cleaner to me and you could always have both - you sleep all Saturday, to recover from Friday and be fit for Sunday.
ZaphodB
lagoon predator

Postby game player » Mon, 12Nov26 01:32

That's what I assumed was going on. My French isn't great.

I didn't play the game very much until the translation was kindly provided. But the $30 date is the only action I found in the coding to concern shopping. So I think it's the same.

Maybe the character recieves news about returning to France and therefore has to make a commitment to one girl. I did think it kind off odd when someone moves in with you, they don't ask where you've been and why you're trying to talk to other girls in their presence.

Trying to take my cues from what was already coded into the game. It's not my game after all. He could have meant you can get engaged to just one girl. Or you can get engaged to all the girls as a sort of harem route. The character could be just a romantic who gets engaged to all of them and then the girls make him decide at the end. I found it odd to be able to flirt in front of a girl who's relationship status is girlfriend or even higher. But it would be a pain to code. And arranging more alone time in the girl's schedules would depend too much on the player's choices. I've added the opportunity in my revision to check on what the girl's level is at any time. It hurts the need for the diary but you need this info more often than the diary provides I think.

Also I've played in the regular football games but am not sure what happens if I played in a championship game. It's almost as though that option should be left until the last week where the post match celebrations either involve you making a choice or having a choice made for you maybe with more than 1 girl (not sure if pictures of more than 1 girl are available, probably are if the girl are from the same company as Alison) which would be a nice climax - the college would at least expect you to spectate so even if you didn't play you are still there with the girls.

The championship is on day 98 but only if you have at least a certain number of wins during the game. The character is rewarded with bonus points for each girl if I remember correctly. A little late to do much with them other than have a girl reach fiance level. I like your suggestions. The coding could be adjusted to make the game occur regardless. The game could mark the end of the school year. The girls are all going in different directions and insist that he has to choose one. So he can choose a favorite or refuse to choose. Traveling the world with a finance in every port kind of thing.
game player
great white shark

Postby game player » Mon, 12Nov26 01:48

ZaphodB wrote:I can't remember but I think the game started on a Monday and so 100 days would be a Tuesday. If you go with the football game ending on a Sunday then 98 days or less (can't really see the point in the game being longer)

I believe day 98 was either a Monday or Tuesday. I recall it was fairy soon after the usual Sunday game.

Maria was my fiancee quite early on in the game - I was surprised - so I didn't really want the game to end then.

Not knowing how someone will play the game. Or what day they might reach the engaged status does make it a difficult point to choose for an ending.

The other option could be to end it on the Friday with an end of term (100 days is a long term, mine were 70) exam everybody hitting the nightclub which opens at a mysteriously early 6 pm before heading back to the sorority house or your apartment with the girl/s of your choice or their choice. Football ending seems a bit cleaner to me and you could always have both - you sleep all Saturday, to recover from Friday and be fit for Sunday.

I think I like your nightclub or even a special date spot best. I'd use the same point I made earlier about the girls making the character choose. The girls tell him that the one he chooses to date that night is his only finance and the others will become only friends. So you make your choice by who you visit/date on the final day of school and graduation. I suppose the harem ending could still be worked in by way of a revisit to the couple a year later. The girl decides she doesn't mind sharing the character with her close friends. I still like the idea of providing a scoring system. To provide a target to beat in playing the game again.
game player
great white shark

Postby game player » Mon, 12Dec10 02:29

I haven't heard from the game maker in this thread. Or from the pm I sent him. His last sign on was after either of these events. I can only go by the impression he left in his posts about being done with the game. I thank him for his game and will keep my revised version to myself as I wasn't able to receive permission to share it.
game player
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to RAGS games